Hard Start

Sorry about the delayed response. I got the new battery in (Interstate) and that seems to have corrected the problem.

beerchug.gif

Stuttering problems after stopping at traffic lights.

- All the runing problems associate with stopping at traffic lights, waiting
in traffic, not starting when hot etc I cured on my machine by moving the
Input Air Temperature Sensor (bottom LHS of airbox) to the ram air tube
(about 1 inch left of the fuse box)

- Problem is when the IATS gets hot, it leans the mixture out. You take the
machine for a ride, then try to hold the IATS in your hand.....TOO HOT!!!!!

- I plugged the vacant hole with a plastic bolt and a dab of silicone sealant.

- Melted a hole in the Ram air duct with the tip of a soldering iron, just
large enough so that with lots of trying the IATS would screw into the
ducting.info courtesy ofpl_hayabusa@hyp4r.com .
hope this helps?.
yan.

(BusaWhipped @ Jun. 01 2007,14:59) The resistance in the starter goes up with the temperature, so it takes more current to start it when its hot. Hard strating hot is a sign of the beginning of end of your battery.
Wow... where you get that from?

Are you saying that wire changing resistance from -40F to 300F... And would you care to represent any number values to proof this statement?

(Professor @ Jun. 01 2007,14:25) As a battery gets older its Cranking amps goes down, even when fully charged. The engine is harder to crank when hot. I suspect the battery is not up to snuff. Take the battery to an autoparts that has one of the more advanced testers. It should be putting out about 175 Cranking amps.
Why is it engine harder to crank when hot. Im missing something here.

(yanspeed @ Jun. 27 2007,16:06) Stuttering problems after stopping at traffic lights.

hope this helps?.
yan.
Hey anybody have more words on this? I'm in the process of buying another battery. I initiallly thought my battery was the problem. I installed the titanium case protector, but I'm still having a problem when the bike is hot! So what's the real fix??? HELP!!!

(yanspeed @ Jun. 27 2007,16:06) Stuttering problems after stopping at traffic lights.

hope this helps?.
yan.
Hey anybody have more words on this? I'm in the process of buying another battery. I initiallly thought my battery was the problem. I installed the titanium case protector, but I'm still having a problem when the bike is hot! So what's the real fix??? HELP!!!

Follow up given !!! I have a 02 Busa and I'm running a 235CCA battery now. And I'm still having a starter problem when the bike is hot!! If it's cooler outside (less than 90) it doesn't happen as much! Sometimes I have to open the gas tank to release the vapor lock as well! But is there a permanent fix out there? PLEASE PM or respond!!! I'm getting tired of this!!!!!

if you buy a new battery be sure it gets a full charge before it gets pressed into service.

u know my busa had the same problem. i put a aftermarket stater clutch. but it has to be a aftermarket. this problem is know on the hayabusa 2000 and up.

(juelson @ Oct. 04 2007,14:35) u know my busa had the same problem.  i put a aftermarket stater clutch. but it has to be a aftermarket. this problem is know on the hayabusa 2000 and up.
Roger that! I'm going to order one tomorrow!!! Am I correct in saying/thinking you haven't had this porblem AGAIN!

Back