Happy, shiny, and less on the back end **bandwidth alert**

notcrazy

Registered
Finally had time to fix up the bike from the tipover a month ago (crazy f-ing wind...). Got a new right fairing and got the rear plastic, undertail, and battery tray from jdsbusa. As long as I was working on it, I figured it was a good time to polish it up. Hit the sides and front plastics with bug and tar remover, then shined all the plastics and the tank up with Pledge.

Before pics, showing the damage from the tipover, and the scorchmark caused by my pipes. Then "in progress", then all back together. I like the tail without the mudflap :)

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

looks good, what frame sliders are those? dont look like they helped much.

Wow looks great again :)
I love that color . Is that the factory original color ?
I think all you need now is to powdercoat pegsets black and install a black ceramic Alienhead system.
Someone I know has that and it looks good .
I just can't remember who it is :whistle:

Those are the T-Rex no-cut sliders. They helped, but obviously didn't prevent all the damage. The bike was parked outside at work when we got 60 mph wind gusts and it tipped over. I'll be putting the sliders back on with some washers to push them out more.

The color is stock '07 Candy Sonoma Red. I'd like to switch out the exhaust, but like everything else, it's a matter of time and $$$.

Thanks for the comments!

Nice to see part of my former bike serving a new purpose in life....kinda like a donor bike being given new life after being put to rest. :thumbsup:

Back