Just tried the Pledge trick on my bike, wow that stuff works great!! And easy too

The Big Red One

Registered
I read ages ago about somebody recommending pledge to clean and shine the bike up.....think it was SleeplessRed? Took me forever to get around to trying it, but after some experimenting it works great. Super shine and super easy :thumbsup: I put it on kinda thick at first, sprayed it on a microfiber towel and wiped it on like a spray wax. It wasn't drying up and shining like I expected, so I got a second dry microfiber and wiped it off without even having to let it dry. Worked VERY VERY well. Spray and spread with one rag, buff and shine immediately after with the other. Sweet!!!

I would still recommend getting the heavy bugs off with a wet cloth first tho, the pledge didn't want to remove them that easily. Overall great idea tho. Just wonder how long the shine holds up? And not that long after somebody on here got the pledge thing going, pledge added the fact that it will shine bikes into their commercials. I think the org gets more attention than we even realize sometimes :beerchug:

The Big Red One said:
I read ages ago about somebody recommending pledge to clean and shine the bike up.....think it was SleeplessRed? Took me forever to get around to trying it, but after some experimenting it works great. Super shine and super easy :thumbsup: I put it on kinda thick at first, sprayed it on a microfiber towel and wiped it on like a spray wax. It wasn't drying up and shining like I expected, so I got a second dry microfiber and wiped it off without even having to let it dry. Worked VERY VERY well. Spray and spread with one rag, buff and shine immediately after with the other. Sweet!!!

I would still recommend getting the heavy bugs off with a wet cloth first tho, the pledge didn't want to remove them that easily. Overall great idea tho. Just wonder how long the shine holds up? And not that long after somebody on here got the pledge thing going, pledge added the fact that it will shine bikes into their commercials. I think the org gets more attention than we even realize sometimes :beerchug:

You can use dryer sheets to remove bugs.

I'm pretty sure the 'busa wasn't the first bike "pledged" :rofl:

It worked wonders on my buddies dad's Harley chrome too! :beerchug:

Nice fresh cost of wax on leading and facing edges before hand will facilitate quicker bug removal later.

That is all I use, except for the wheels, WD-40 is still king for removing brake dust and chain lube.

twotonevert said:
That is all I use, except for the wheels, WD-40 is still king for removing brake dust and chain lube.

Try the pledge on the wheels. Makes the brake dust come off so so easy:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I tried it a year or so ago for the first time and never looked back. Works just as good on the wheels too.

WD-40 attracts more dust and dirt on the wheels than Pledge and if you use Dupont chain lube, you won't have a problem with chain lube on your wheel. I'm speaking from experience.:thumbsup:

WD-40 attracts more dust and dirt on the wheels than Pledge and if you use Dupont chain lube, you won't have a problem with chain lube on your wheel. I'm speaking from experience.:thumbsup:
I agree, I tried the WD40 on the wheels, they became a dust magnet. I'm going for the pledge on the wheels next......Thanks again Sleepless :thumbsup: :beerchug:

I'm pretty sure the 'busa wasn't the first bike "pledged" :rofl:

It worked wonders on my buddies dad's Harley chrome too! :beerchug:
True dat Bots :laugh: I'd just never seen it mentioned on any of the sportbike forums I go to. The commercial did show a cruiser tho, maybe even a Harley?

On the front cowl headlight and windscreen I spray Dollar General Furniture polish on wipe it off with a damp micro fiber clothes, this leaves a thin residue which makes it easy to clean the bugs off while riding..
The rest of the bike I use Zymol wax with a water mix.
Yeah I guess you can buff it completely off and it does work great but its also harder to remove the bugs.

I've used Pledge for over 20 years. I even keep a small spray bottle in the area with the tool kit and an old T-shirt.
As a matter of fact I used some on the Busa today. :laugh:

I will give pledge a try courtesy of stangman327 - been using s100 detail and wax spray and even Bead x. All alot more expensive then pledge which has the anti - static properties so it won't attract dust.:laugh:

Sweet! I am going going to try that. Been using this Teflon stuff that they use on the Gulfstream jets that my buddy gets me (works amazing), but my supplier is very inconsistent :whistle:

Back