Hanging up my helmet

Nice to know you are ok. In time, you will be back in the saddle again !

Thanks for taking the time out and let us know you are ok.

Take care brother !

Thanks everyone. For those of you who asked I was wearing Icon Super Duty boots. They come up just about your ankle. They did their job because I am still walking. I think I would have been ok with a mid-calf boot. I may not hang up my helmet for good but it will take a while for me to get my wife's support back and that is what really matters. She said that she will not make me stop riding becasue she knows how much I enjoy it but, you can just see in her face that she wants me to take a break. SO we will see what happens when I get back from my little vacation. Thanks again guys and gals.
Glad you're okay! Track... GOOOOD! roads/streets... BAAAAD!

I find absolutly zero supporting evidence to ever REALLY Trust roads... ever. Track I trust 100% of the time

Glad you're okay!  Track...  GOOOOD!    roads/streets...  BAAAAD!

I find absolutly zero supporting evidence to ever REALLY Trust roads... ever.  Track I trust 100% of the time
That is what I am thinking to. I know there isn't any gravel or sand on the track. I love to ride and I know that stuff happens. I just have to ease my wife's mind and then I will go from there. I just have to take a short break and I may just ride on the track if I start back.

I've been down three times in the last two years. Twice due to washouts and once due to a left turn jackass. Gear kept me from bleeding every time. I hopped back on to ride home after both of the minor incidents. Wasn't even hotdoggin it. Keep the knee dragging for the track and ride prudently on the surface roads. That will avoid many of these types of incidents.

sad.gif
sorry to hear that you went down bro...take some time to get well mentally and physically...then get back on that horse
wink.gif

When I read this post, it reminded me of a conversation I had way back when ... with a Korean man who owned a liquor store in Woodland Hills, CA.

He always told me to be careful. I always did. He seriously wanted me to be "OK"!!!

I keep remembering him while riding my Busa, now....

To non-bikers, we look like insane maniacs on the road!!! That is true! They just don't "get" what riding is all about. They never will unless they strap on a helmet and stick their legs between the seat......

I really don't know what I'm trying to say here.... I guess I'm just trying to say that some people out there DO care about bikers.... in their own "special" way.

To any "downed" rider... I give my complete support for their family/friends/love ones....

To any cagers that knocked them down.... PAY UP!!!!!! BIG TIME!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear the outcome wasn't more serious.

I totally respect that you are laying off to ease your wife's mind. Worrying can be very torturous.

Maybe after some track time she will feel more secure and you will get back out on the road even if only for limited times.

Anyway, very glad to hear you are o.k. and hope the bike makes it too!

Stay safe, Bro and God Bless you and your family.

Hey Bro take your time to heal the body and a little longer to heal the mind, just dont make snap decisions regarding the rest of your life.. I did the same thing almost 26 years ago because my ex-wife at the time didnt have the same feelings I had about motorcycles, however after she left I realized I made a huge mistake..it took almost 3 years to ride on the street, but Im glad I did....SEMPER FI

glad to hear it was just some minor injuries and you're here to talk about them-I know how you feel right now, and how your wife is feeling...take some time off, enjoy other things with your wife and worry about the bike in a month or so. Get the info from ins. and sit on it for a while. Dont make a long-lasting decision while you're still upset, because once the bike is gone, its gone for good-and getn another one is always more expensive than hangin onto what you have n doin lil repairs.

take it easy and heal up quick
smile.gif

Glad to hear you're mostly OK!!

There are soo many things in life that can kill you. Car accidents are high on the list, people just don't get how many people die from auto accidents.

Other things like diseases you can't control.

Life is fragile. Because of this life shouldn't be lived in fear. Live life to the fullest. Do what makes you happy.

Just don't make any rash decisions
wink.gif

I must have been under a rock the last couple days to not see this earlier! Sorry to hear about the accident, bro. There will be lots of questions/decisions to be made after something like this. Weigh them all carefully and made a sound decision for both you and your wife. We'll support you either way.

Back