Reason to wear a helmet

DAZZ

DEATH DEALER
Donating Member
Registered
Hi All.................

I'd been sitting here reading through some old treads........

(Wife has gone shopping, so I can do what I want) hehehe

Anyway, some of the treads that got my attention  are ones where people do not wear safety gear........

So I'd thought I'd post up a couple of pics of my helmet after my accident.  Earlyer this year......

I'm posting this as a little wake-up call for the guys that don't wear gear...
In the hope that when you look at the condition of the helmet.  The next time you go for a ride. you'll Remember the pics..............

And how important if nothing else, your helmet is...

No helmet, no riding.........

One thing is for sure, if I wasn't wearing mine at the time.  I would not be posting this..........!!!!!

The shield was removed at the time of accident.  (It got ripped off)................. and the inner padding, I removed at a later date............... due to the fact it was heavily stained with blood from a head injury....

And for them that may be wondering how quick I was going.  I was doing 60 mph......

My level of driving skill, I would like to think is more than adequate........... I've been riding for 22 years............. and have done all my advanced riding  up to police instructor level.............. (required for the job I do)

So that thought that might be in the back of your mind.  It will never happen to me.......... I don't need to wear a helmet......... do you think for one moment, I went for a spin that day, thinking I would land in the hospital............... it pays to be cautious

If any of you have pics of gear........ that may have saved your life........ or prevented serious injury post them up....

Your picture may change someone's way of thinking and save their life.

With out the protection of the lid I was wearing........................... I'd have been pushing up daisies right now............

<!--EDIT|DAZZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156722807 -->

DSC00809.jpg

If you look closely.............. at the bottom right-hand side of this picture..

You will see where the helmet actually cracked like an egg shell...........

So, you can imagine........... was the result would have been had I not have been wearing one.

<!--EDIT|DAZZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156609383 -->

DSC00810.jpg

people need too see this kind of stuff, reality check.
Couldn't agree which you more BW.....  
wink.gif

It many upset someone's day  riding............... after seeing the damage to the lid............. and they may be all upset with old DAZZ............. for Postin it...

But hey................. if the post makes one person where a lid.  From now on, that hasn't worn one before..............

Well, that's a result................  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|DAZZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156627950 -->

wink.gif

DAZZ... Glad you were wearing that thing. The board wouldn't have been the same without ya.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|yamahor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156611390 -->

Great post. We can never be reminded enough that it can happen so quick, and to even the most experienced of riders. Be prepared!

I wonder how many states still don't have a helmet law.... and no, I'm not looking to move to one of them! LOL!

Whoever doesn't wear a helmet is an idiot, though.

Good post :ccol:

My Mom still has my helmet from my crash is 1984. It is the only reason I'm here today.

Glad your still with us, and thanks for the reminder
wink.gif

Great post.  We can never be reminded enough that it can happen so quick, and to even the most experienced of riders.  Be prepared!
It can happen so quickly, so many people do not realise this.

They tend to think they have the experience and knowledge to get out of any situation that may arise..... so not true...

This was the result of a T-bone with a guy in a van.. who basically just decided.  He got fed up sitting in traffic on a junction.... (who said he didn't see the bike on a nice sunny afternoon with headlight on) mmmmmmmmm

Nine out of 10 accidents with bikes.  (As you probably know)

Are not caused by the bike... usually it's the car, van, truck
that pulls out of a junction... not paying full attention.

The lesson here, I suppose people is......... make up for the inexperience of others on  junctions.........

Even though a green light tells you.... you have right of way....

Assess the junction before you cross

wink.gif

<!--EDIT|DAZZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156721347 -->

If I may say something here, and I will of course, is that it is just to easy to jump on the bike and go out for a little ride.

Just around the block to the gas station honey.

I now think twice and take 10 minutes of my life to suit up. Gloves, jacket and helmet. Don't always put on the leather pants but 90% of the time I do.

Why?

Because of threads like this and other posts on this board. Thanks all who contribute. You might save a life someday. Mine.

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156712948 -->

Back