Hanging up my helmet

Glad you are OK. On the ridding, you haft to do what is best for you and your family, best of luck with your decision.

Sorry to hear about the accident! Glad you are a rider who wears gear! I saw someone else ask and I was curious also what type of boots were you wearing? Hang in there and no quick decisions! You walked away from it because you were smart enough to wear gear. Either way stay safe my friend!!
smile.gif

Take some time to heal... Wait a bit before making any rash decisions. Unless you know in your heart that your done. Even then give it some more time. Really glad that you came out of this in such good shape. Hope you heal with a quickness.
E

Sorry to hear you went down...again, but glad you're still here to tell us about it!

Sorry to see/hear about this...
Very good advice, wear your gear folks there are no gaurantees in life..

Dayumm dude! I'm sorry to hear that. If you need something, just let us know.
wink.gif
+1  so glad you were able to walk away...don't do anything on impulse like get rid of your bike...it's hard to think rationally right after you go down like that...give yourself time to heal
+2
+3  So sorry to hear this.  Get better!
+4... heal well~

Glad you're okay (mostly). Good reminder about the gear. Hopefully, you reconsider. Whatever you decide, good luck and best wishes.

I'm so sorry to hear that you went down, but thank goodness you walked away with just a cut...

Take care Jeremy, and I know it's a tough decision to hang the helmet up, but you do what you feel is best and there is always the track...

Thanks everyone. For those of you who asked I was wearing Icon Super Duty boots. They come up just about your ankle. They did their job because I am still walking. I think I would have been ok with a mid-calf boot. I may not hang up my helmet for good but it will take a while for me to get my wife's support back and that is what really matters. She said that she will not make me stop riding becasue she knows how much I enjoy it but, you can just see in her face that she wants me to take a break. SO we will see what happens when I get back from my little vacation. Thanks again guys and gals.

Thank God you're ok, and whatever you decide, you know we're all behind you. Rest and heal well.

Ouch -- glad you came through----Pretty much OK-- I too have though about hanging it up...
Just wait abit-- If i had sold my Busa two weeks ago-- I believe i now would be very very depressed.....

I know what you mean Jeremey , I went thru the same thing with my wife . I hung up the helmet for about 11 years , mainly for her . But , here I am again !
biggrin.gif

Glad to hear you were wearing you gear and walked away from the wreck.
Sit back and relax for a bit before making the decision to give up riding totally. I have wrecked a few times and each time it took me a bit to get back in the saddle, but each time I was glad that I did.
smile.gif

Happy to see you around! Now start getting that beautiful bike back to normal and let her run!

Back