Hanging up my helmet

USMCBUSA

Freedom Isn't Free
Donating Member
Registered
Well, this makes twice that I have crashed because of something in the roads. I was out riding Sunday and went into a eft hand turn and that is about all I remember. I went into the turn and then my front end just slipped away. I landed face first on the road and was knocked out which might have saved me some pain because from what I have been told I flipped a few times down the side of the road. The result was a six inch gash in my leg the took four internal stiches and 16 stiches to close up and a mild concusion. The insurance company is suppost to be coming by in the next day or so to look at my bike. It isn't really that bad just a few scratches but some rocks dinged the frame pretty good so I don't know what they will say. If the bike is totalled or not I think I am done street riding. I may get on a track somewhere but that will be it. I will keep you guys in the loop on what is going on. And for the new guys in here PLEASE wear your gear. I had on all my gear and walked away with just a cut and it could have been so much worse. Even with a helmet on I hit my head so hard I don't remember alot until I was on my way to the E.R. Be safe out there.

accident_001.jpg

Dayumm dude! I'm sorry to hear that. If you need something, just let us know.
wink.gif

uhhh..justa suggestion....don't get too hasty about hang'in up the lid...chill....give the mind a chance to process on intelligence rather than traumatic emotion..ya wore your gear...ya walked away....and i'm certain you learned something.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Dayumm dude! I'm sorry to hear that. If you need something, just let us know.
wink.gif
+1 so glad you were able to walk away...don't do anything on impulse like get rid of your bike...it's hard to think rationally right after you go down like that...give yourself time to heal

like you said the gear saved you hide.

Glad to hear you got away in one piece.

Hey, stuff happens - most of us are a little worse for the wear, but stick with it... Glad it wasn't worse... and that you are okay!

Sorry to hear about your mishap,glad you are ok.
Hanging up riding would be like hanging up that M-16....

Well, this makes twice that I have crashed because of something in the roads. I was out riding Sunday and went into a eft hand turn and that is about all I remember. I went into the turn and then my front end just slipped away. I landed face first on the road and was knocked out which might have saved me some pain because from what I have been told I flipped a few times down the side of the road. The result was a six inch gash in my leg the took four internal stiches and 16 stiches to close up and a mild concusion. The insurance company is suppost to be coming by in the next day or so to look at my bike. It isn't really that bad just a few scratches but some rocks dinged the frame pretty good so I don't know what they will say. If the bike is totalled or not I think I am done street riding. I may get on a track somewhere but that will be it. I will keep you guys in the loop on what is going on. And for the new guys in here PLEASE wear your gear. I had on all my gear and walked away with just a cut and it could have been so much worse. Even with a helmet on I hit my head so hard I don't remember alot until I was on my way to the E.R. Be safe out there.
When I first started riding I was hit head on by a drunk driver on a narrow unmarked mountain road (which I prolly shouldn't have been on). Through some quick thinking and some luck, me and my passenger actually made out okay considering. I figured I was done with riding.....but I kept the bike around for a year and thought things over. And I decided to fix it and start up again. 22+ years later and I'm wreck free and loving every minute of it. Try and take something from this wreck that'll help you avoid the next, but like someone said...your gear did its job mostly, so don't make any rash decisions yet.
Buut, if you honestly think that riding aint' for you....well life IS precious  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155609779 -->

Back