Handy stands

Do you mean the front and rear stands for $99 plus shipping?

add another

+1
wink.gif

Cyclecat has a cool new rear stand that can lift the rear off the ground with one person. Check out the young lady lifting the rear of a Busa by herself at www.cyclecat.com

Dont spend the extra, get the spooled Handy set, you will not be disapointed.

Check with ebay. I just recently bought a set. just type in front stand. I purchased a set from a company called T-Rex. Pretty good quality as I have a pit bull stands.

You can do it safely with 1 person, but it takes a little practice. You have to really get comfortable with moving your bike from side to side using the grabrail or putting pressure on the sides of the tail section. After that it's a piece of cake. Line the stand under the spools, tip the bike to center and then press down on the stand.

I have a set too and really like them. I do have my wife help me when I put it up on the rear stand...just don't feel quite safe enough doing it alone.

Can 1 person safely load the bike on the 2 stands?

How do you do it?
I have a set of Heindl stands, which are similar to the Handy ones. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to get the bike up alone. Here's how I do it:

With bike on kickstand, stand near the rear, hold on the hump or grab bar and stand the bike up nearly straight. Let it lean just enough to be stable with the can resting against your leg. With the hand that's not holding the bike, position the stand under the spools. Put a foot on the stand and start adding pressure. As it begins to lift and mates with both spools, the bike will stand up straight and be pretty stable. Continue to lift with your foot/leg but make sure you have a hand on the stand when it gets to the balance point so you can gently let it down the last bit. For the front, just straighten the front wheel, position the stand and lift. Again, I use my leg and keep a hand on the stand to gently lower it down.

Getting the bike down is even easier - just drop the front wheel, no need to steady it. Put the kickstand down and lower the rear. Just as the rear tire touches the ground, pull the bike to the left and steady it with the can against your leg. Gently let it lean over onto the kickstand.

Get someone to help steady the bike the first few times just to be safe, but once you get it down, it's a piece of cake.

Back