Handy Guys: Build a Rear Support for Trailering and chain lubing on the Road

mike1180

Banned
The challenge was two fold.
1. I wanted to make a mount for the rear axle that holds the tire up in the air (about 1/2 inch) when I mount the bike in a trailer (as needed from my previous thread):

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...-tie-busa-down-trailer-no-spring-loading.html

2. I also want it to be able to be portable so I can use it to support the bike when I am traveling and want to lube the chain, on the road.

Here is the finished product:

StandsA.jpg

Stands1.jpg

Stands2.jpg

Stands3.jpg

Stands4.jpg

Stands5.jpg

You never fail to impress me with your information and handy work. Good photos too.:beerchug::thumbsup:
Bubba

I really like this. I thought about buying the pit bull trailer stand but that doesn't get your rear tire off the ground. Have you thought about welding the aluminum instead of using the JB Weld stuff though?

I've only used JB Weld once on a farm. The fix didn't last very long though and the JB stuff ended up failing. Just something to think about though. I would hate to see your busa fall over in the trailer do to that stuff failing.

I really like this. I thought about buying the pit bull trailer stand but that doesn't get your rear tire off the ground. Have you thought about welding the aluminum instead of using the JB Weld stuff though?

I've only used JB Weld once on a farm. The fix didn't last very long though and the JB stuff ended up failing. Just something to think about though. I would hate to see your busa fall over in the trailer do to that stuff failing.

There is no real stress on the JB Weld.
The holes in the 2 pieces of aluminum at the apex (TOP) hold the weight.
The JB is just there to hold the 5/8 collar in place.
If you wanted to weld it you would have to make the Support out of steel or the collar out of aluminum.
Steel and aluminum can't be welded together.
I made it so it will be able to be taken down, as in one of the first pic, and taken in a bag so you can lube the chain etc. when on the road.

Last edited:
this is sticky worthy.. excellent work!

Also just wanted to thank you again for your help in my clutch thread. Very very good .org member!!:thumbsup:

Back