hahahahaha!!!

a buddy of mine got busted doin 156 in a 55 (hopped up vette)
he spent 1 night in jail, but then got out with nothing on his record thanks to a clever lawyer. however i think he spent something like $1800+ for lawyer/court fees, etc.
as well as 6 months deferred adjudication

(QUICK @ Sep. 22 2006,19:26)
(TallTom @ Sep. 22 2006,13:49) I got busted doing 150 in a Porsche I once had.  There was nooone on the road.  It was a divided 4 lane.  Speed limit was 60.  There was NO WAY I was going to be able to say it wasn't me.   I knew he had me.  I simply pulled over and waited for the inevitable ticket.  They exercised a felony stop.  They simply cuff you and start asking questions later.  Officer, there is no one on this road, the conditions were clear and unrestricted, the car can handle this speed with no problems, tires are of the proper type, etc.  He was steaming mad at me at first.  But then he began to ask questions about the car, and how it felt etc.  They have the big Crown Vics at the time.  Long story short, I was informed that twice over the speed limit is an automatic arrest.  However he could cut me a break and write me up for just under twice the speed limit since I was so cooperative and had a good record.  I said officer, I will be willing to bet that if you drove this car you'd see how completeloy safe it feels at that speed and you'd see I wasn't trying to be disrespectful of the conditions I was driving in.  That raised his eyebrow.  He looked at me and asked if I was serious.  I said if I felt like you'd understanbd that I was not trying to disrespect him by speeding like this.  He said wait a minute right here.  He goes into his car and gets on the radio.  He comes back in a few minutes and uncuffs me and says, I tell you what,  I have another unit coming by here and I want them to talk this over with me.  Sure enough another cop car shows up and the cops says OK tell you what I am going to take her up the road and back about 5 miles and see how you explained it to me.  I knew the deal had been struck at that point.  I said no problem officer and talked him through the car a bit.  Long story short, both cops got to drive that car that night.  They agreed that it was a very stable ride and that I seemed very capable in my skills and they let me off completely.  They shook my hand and thanked me for making thier night.  I was equally as relieved that I didn't have to face what that was going to take to get past in courts etc.

If you do these speeds, be prepared to pay the price.  Be prepared to also understand that cops are people too.  They get that we like our toys.  Show them respect and you never know how nice they can be.  But the fine for that was going to about $500 if they had written that ticket.
yeeaah right
rock.gif
Took the words out of my mouth... Hehe
laugh.gif

i am not one to call folks on stuff like this-becuz I have had a few weird close calls. and as much as I F**KIN LOATHE po-po, there are some out there that actually do NOT get a hard-on for writing tickets.

I was pulled once for drifting (of all things, a f'king Civic) around in a Subdivision that was under construction...it was late, and the officer had me blocked in at the only exit-got me out of car and asked what I was doing-I told'em I was practicing for a show to be held next week down in Atl. (there actually was a show-NOPI nationals) and I worked all day so this was the only time I had-said there was a group renting Miller Park parking lot next week and I was just too excited to wait.
-let me go with a ticket for Disturbing the peace-no points, small fine.

got nailed doing 80 in a 35 (no idea why i was even speeding-fun I guess
wow.gif
)
Cop pulled me over and asked what the hurry was-I said I was just on my way home and had to take a shid bad.
-got a call on his radio for something far worse, cuz he came jogging back to car and tossed me my lic. and said "you just got lucky. Now slow down or pull into a gas station."

got pulled for flying on the freeway in my cage (doing like 80-110 thru traffic) becuz cop was stin with a dead car on the shoulder and "heard my engine" as I went by...took him 3 miles to catch up, but once I saw him coming I tried to hit the next exit and got stuck in e-lane trying to pass some cars, so I pulled over. Cop was a lil pissed, but no speeding tickets-
wrote me 1 for failure to use signal when lane-changing (easily reduced to no-point viol. and less than $200)
and 1 for following too closely (again, easily dropped to no-pointer and less than $200)
-then he acutally told me my car was one of the cleanest he'd seen (Electron Blue '99 Civic SI fully de-badged with tint n lil Blue vinyl sunstrip-no Autozone Stickered-up POS)

so there ARE instances where cops cut slack when they really have no other reason to be nice other than, well-they actually are nice.

(Projekt @ Sep. 23 2006,14:22)
(QUICK @ Sep. 22 2006,19:26)
(TallTom @ Sep. 22 2006,13:49) I got busted doing 150 in a Porsche I once had. There was nooone on the road. It was a divided 4 lane. Speed limit was 60. There was NO WAY I was going to be able to say it wasn't me. I knew he had me. I simply pulled over and waited for the inevitable ticket. They exercised a felony stop. They simply cuff you and start asking questions later. Officer, there is no one on this road, the conditions were clear and unrestricted, the car can handle this speed with no problems, tires are of the proper type, etc. He was steaming mad at me at first. But then he began to ask questions about the car, and how it felt etc. They have the big Crown Vics at the time. Long story short, I was informed that twice over the speed limit is an automatic arrest. However he could cut me a break and write me up for just under twice the speed limit since I was so cooperative and had a good record. I said officer, I will be willing to bet that if you drove this car you'd see how completeloy safe it feels at that speed and you'd see I wasn't trying to be disrespectful of the conditions I was driving in. That raised his eyebrow. He looked at me and asked if I was serious. I said if I felt like you'd understanbd that I was not trying to disrespect him by speeding like this. He said wait a minute right here. He goes into his car and gets on the radio. He comes back in a few minutes and uncuffs me and says, I tell you what, I have another unit coming by here and I want them to talk this over with me. Sure enough another cop car shows up and the cops says OK tell you what I am going to take her up the road and back about 5 miles and see how you explained it to me. I knew the deal had been struck at that point. I said no problem officer and talked him through the car a bit. Long story short, both cops got to drive that car that night. They agreed that it was a very stable ride and that I seemed very capable in my skills and they let me off completely. They shook my hand and thanked me for making thier night. I was equally as relieved that I didn't have to face what that was going to take to get past in courts etc.

If you do these speeds, be prepared to pay the price. Be prepared to also understand that cops are people too. They get that we like our toys. Show them respect and you never know how nice they can be. But the fine for that was going to about $500 if they had written that ticket.
yeeaah right
rock.gif
Took the words out of my mouth... Hehe
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

Was that from a dream?

First of all, I am not coming down on you for riding fast, that is what the BUSA does. Just offering up some thought provocation.

Do you ever think of the more meaningful consequences of your actions? Like causing injury or death to innocent people sharing the roads with you? How a bad accident may affect the surviving loved ones, etc...

Those kind of speeds are for the track, really, there is no telling what may come up on public roads and at those speeds things come up really fast. Do the math, that's a lot of feet per second and with that velocity what kind of reaction could you take effectively if Grandma pulls out of nowhere?

Please be safe, we see enough posts here about riders going down. It would truly saden me to see one concerning you going down at speeds like 170mph.

I don't think anyone here would do 170mph with cars around them. I wouldn't. Well... maybe some here would. I don't know.

Back