hahahahaha!!!

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I love riding on the freeway!

When I first started riding the busa back in June I hated the freeway because of the windy conditions... but with more experience on the bike, I have grown to love the freeway... with or without wind! It's a blast riding the bike in 6th gear like it's an automatic, and blowing by cars like they're standing still! I'll let others have the twisties... but the freeway belongs to me!!!

Today I hit the freeway and rode for about 100 miles... and hit 175 (indicated)... my new record. I really need to get a speedohealer bad so I know exactly what I'm doing with my 43 setup. I got so lucky that I actually ran into some traffic this one time after doing a super fast blast when no cars were around... because right when I hit traffic I came across a cop who was sitting in the median waiting for speeders. If I hadn't hit that patch of cars I probably wouldn't have noticed him til it was too late. He would have nailed me too because there were no exits closeby... and I'd never run from a cop. I think it's funny to think that so many of those cars I passed today will be telling their friends/family about this bike that flew by them like they were crawling.

I just can't wait to move out west again so I can hit some of those long desert roads that go on forever! Then... I'll take the busa to it's unrestricted limit!

The first Busa Blast eh? It's a rush!!

BTW-Be careful w/ cops out here in the west. I live in the High Desert area and I guess some cops are on a lookout for a couple of all Black motorcycles (don't know if they're Busas or not) that outran them back in June.

Outrun a cop and it's instant felony.

I've ridden the bike fast before but today I hit my new record speed.

I'm actually curious what the fine would be for doing say... 160mph in a 70mph zone?

all_coholic.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 22 2006,05:14) I've ridden the bike fast before but today I hit my new record speed.

I'm actually curious what the fine would be for doing say... 160mph in a 70mph zone?
Lose your license, a hefty fine, impound your bike and jail time. Not worth it if you ask me. Cops make use of the ghettobird and radio. Outrunning is not an option.

Back in 03, Samuel Tilley was timed from above doing 200 mph on an RC-51. It is B.S. b/c RC-51's won't go near 200mph. But the eye in the sky used mile markers and a stop watch+calculations and came up with 200. I don't think he had an endorsement either.

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 22 2006,13:14) I'm actually curious what the fine would be for doing say... 160mph in a 70mph zone?
bread water and a new room mate named bubba

I wonder if anyone here on the forum has been stopped for doing over 150mph.... if so I'm dying to know what happened with the cops/court.

I think there were a couple of members here caught going at least $140. Obviously they're still here to talk about it cuz of good lawyers. 160 in a 70 is a different story though.

Since you seem to enjoy riding so much, you may want to NOT find out what happens because I'd guess you're risking your license...hate to see you posting up pics of you trying to get a Busa out of impound...
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Yeah, that would suck! I should probably give up riding because I just want to ride fast! I should move to Germany so I can ride on the autobans...

I got busted doing 150 in a Porsche I once had. There was nooone on the road. It was a divided 4 lane. Speed limit was 60. There was NO WAY I was going to be able to say it wasn't me. I knew he had me. I simply pulled over and waited for the inevitable ticket. They exercised a felony stop. They simply cuff you and start asking questions later. Officer, there is no one on this road, the conditions were clear and unrestricted, the car can handle this speed with no problems, tires are of the proper type, etc. He was steaming mad at me at first. But then he began to ask questions about the car, and how it felt etc. They have the big Crown Vics at the time. Long story short, I was informed that twice over the speed limit is an automatic arrest. However he could cut me a break and write me up for just under twice the speed limit since I was so cooperative and had a good record. I said officer, I will be willing to bet that if you drove this car you'd see how completeloy safe it feels at that speed and you'd see I wasn't trying to be disrespectful of the conditions I was driving in. That raised his eyebrow. He looked at me and asked if I was serious. I said if I felt like you'd understanbd that I was not trying to disrespect him by speeding like this. He said wait a minute right here. He goes into his car and gets on the radio. He comes back in a few minutes and uncuffs me and says, I tell you what, I have another unit coming by here and I want them to talk this over with me. Sure enough another cop car shows up and the cops says OK tell you what I am going to take her up the road and back about 5 miles and see how you explained it to me. I knew the deal had been struck at that point. I said no problem officer and talked him through the car a bit. Long story short, both cops got to drive that car that night. They agreed that it was a very stable ride and that I seemed very capable in my skills and they let me off completely. They shook my hand and thanked me for making thier night. I was equally as relieved that I didn't have to face what that was going to take to get past in courts etc.

If you do these speeds, be prepared to pay the price. Be prepared to also understand that cops are people too. They get that we like our toys. Show them respect and you never know how nice they can be. But the fine for that was going to about $500 if they had written that ticket.

BigDiesel doesn't start threads... he finishes them

plEASE HE DOES NOT FINISH THEM I DO HE TRIES BUT LIKE HIS PAST HE RUNS OUT OF FEUL

i only ran outa gas becuz I was using something you're unfamiliar with Chris-the THROTTLE!!!

and mebbe if you spent more time with both wheels on the ground, your eyesight would be better (wheelies impact your vision from all the jarring when returning the front to the ground-my mama told me so) then you wouldn't need those coke-bottles underneath your lid, hah?
SHOCKED.gif

I dunno y mrninja even posted in here, since he's too pu$$ay to ride faster than 65mph for fear of windshear tearing his panties off.
biggrin.gif

Tell u what Pan-if you have a VERY clean record AND you are VERY good with talking to police AND you dont get caught wearing squid-gear, you may have a chance of getting off from a hi-speed ticket but you absolutely MUST pull over immediately to avoid a felony evasion tik. Then when the cop approaches you should get off of bike, remove helmet and gloves n place on bike (this is a good time to be calling for someone to bail you out JIC). When officer steps out of car, he may still ask you to kneel and cross your ankles, place hands behind your head and lace fingers-IF HE TELLS YOU TO DO THIS, YOU'RE PORBABLY ARRESTED....if he starts talking/asking questions-you have a shot at getting out of it-at least some of it but probly not scott-free.

I dont recommend or endorse doing anything more than 35 over the posted limit, but any LEO here will tel ya that is enuf to land you INSTANTLY in jail with hefty fines($500
rock.gif
try like $1500 by the time you pay court fees, lawyers, paying extra to reduce ponits on lic. or reduce speed on ticket...not to mention time you miss from work, parking fees, gas/travel to courthouse, etc.) so YOU BETTER BE READY TO PAY, IT YA WANNA PLAY.

dont ask me how I know all this useless crap...but you will end up having to get an SR-22 (hi-risk ins.-oh yeah, with a 35+ over speeding ticket your regular ins. will drop you faster than R. Kelly drops pants at Seasame Street On Ice) and that is the most useless (to you) expensive insurance you will ever get-and you have to keep it for a year non-stop and then maintain ins. for a year following with any other provider (not like State Farm is gonna be knockin down your door...good luck finding anything under $200/month on a Honda Civic hatchback) otherwise they will suspend your lic. for up to 5 years.

I guess what Im trying to get across is-DOING 160 is just as bad as fleeing-but unless you are caught on the bike w/in an hour or two, even with a lic. plate i.d. and an accurate discription of what you're wearing, they cannot pin it on you just because you are the owner...."the bike was in the driveway one minute officer, and the next???...I dunno what happened, it was just GONE!"
SHOCKED.gif

so IMO-dont do 100+ unless you are prepared to hit it or really wana clean out your colon and take a vacation from work
ghostface.gif

SHOCKED.gif

(BigDiesel @ Sep. 22 2006,19:44) dont ask me how I know all this useless crap...but you will end up having to get an SR-22 (hi-risk ins.-oh yeah, with a 35+ over speeding ticket your regular ins. will drop you faster than R. Kelly drops pants at Seasame Street On Ice)
ices_rofl.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 22 2006,13:14) I've ridden the bike fast before but today I hit my new record speed.

...a one way ticket to jail. There is always a guy named Bubba that would love to make you his sex slave!!!
biggrin.gif

(TallTom @ Sep. 22 2006,13:49) I got busted doing 150 in a Porsche I once had.  There was nooone on the road.  It was a divided 4 lane.  Speed limit was 60.  There was NO WAY I was going to be able to say it wasn't me.   I knew he had me.  I simply pulled over and waited for the inevitable ticket.  They exercised a felony stop.  They simply cuff you and start asking questions later.  Officer, there is no one on this road, the conditions were clear and unrestricted, the car can handle this speed with no problems, tires are of the proper type, etc.  He was steaming mad at me at first.  But then he began to ask questions about the car, and how it felt etc.  They have the big Crown Vics at the time.  Long story short, I was informed that twice over the speed limit is an automatic arrest.  However he could cut me a break and write me up for just under twice the speed limit since I was so cooperative and had a good record.  I said officer, I will be willing to bet that if you drove this car you'd see how completeloy safe it feels at that speed and you'd see I wasn't trying to be disrespectful of the conditions I was driving in.  That raised his eyebrow.  He looked at me and asked if I was serious.  I said if I felt like you'd understanbd that I was not trying to disrespect him by speeding like this.  He said wait a minute right here.  He goes into his car and gets on the radio.  He comes back in a few minutes and uncuffs me and says, I tell you what,  I have another unit coming by here and I want them to talk this over with me.  Sure enough another cop car shows up and the cops says OK tell you what I am going to take her up the road and back about 5 miles and see how you explained it to me.  I knew the deal had been struck at that point.  I said no problem officer and talked him through the car a bit.  Long story short, both cops got to drive that car that night.  They agreed that it was a very stable ride and that I seemed very capable in my skills and they let me off completely.  They shook my hand and thanked me for making thier night.  I was equally as relieved that I didn't have to face what that was going to take to get past in courts etc.

If you do these speeds, be prepared to pay the price.  Be prepared to also understand that cops are people too.  They get that we like our toys.  Show them respect and you never know how nice they can be.  But the fine for that was going to about $500 if they had written that ticket.
yeeaah right
rock.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 22 2006,13:14) I've ridden the bike fast before but today I hit my new record speed.

my rule of thumb, if you pass a cop doing high speed, don't slow down to find out what the fine will be. just find some other roads pronto before he can call ahead.

Rule of thumb is to keep your a$$ on the track or closed course if you want to hit tripple digits.

Maybe try Germany.

To each his own, glad to hear you are safe PaN.
beerchug.gif

Back