Hadn't had to lock my rear brake in awhile...

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I was riding to work with a buddy this AM (He was on an 1100 V-Star).  I needed to stop and get gas (the station was across the median on the left).  Anyway, I pull in to the turn lane, and there is a lady there, across the interstate stopped at the sign, just staring at me.  When there was a break in the traffic, I pulled out and started to make my turn and the lady started into her turn, right into me.  Her car was gonna be too close to goose it and lay it over for a tighter turn, so I hit the rear brake and locked it up.  Laid on th horn and I guess she fiinally woke up and stopped about an inch from my the back of my calf.  I never grabbed the front brake, 'cause at the time I was in a little lean and was afraid at that slow of a speed that I would lowside into her.... rather she hit me in the leg than the head.
It was my friend's second ride here on his new bike (he has ridden on and off for about 7 years) and he said he watched her staring at me like she was fixated or something.

Anyway, this was a long way to go to say - be carefull out there and keep your head on a swivel.  This was the closest call I have had in a little while.

Errrr.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141063411 -->

Glad the blind driver didn't tag you man!

You are right tho...we have to constantly be on the lookout for inattentive dumbarses..

Glad you were able to tell the story with a happy ending bro and quick thinking 'bout which brake to use. Good on ya!!
BZ!

Glad you were able to tell the story with a happy ending bro and quick thinking 'bout which brake to use.  Good on ya!!
BZ!
Thanks. I'm sure there were several ways to react, and I don't know for sure that mine was the best.... but I am here typing and not at medical, going through who knows what.

What makes it so bad is that she was probably look right past you to see if another car was coming and didn't see you at all. I glad she finally did and in the nick of time.

Whew ... too close for comfort ... thanks for the post ... a good reminder that we are invisible out there.

Good save MC
wow.gif

only had to do it once....some azzhat decided he wanted to slam on his brakes and stop at a green light for some reason on a two lane highway.....skidded right in between him and the car in the next lane.....came out real lucky....scared the crap out of me...

Lets just say he got the one finger salute and I'm sure he heard say "hello" through my helmet
mad.gif

Good deal. You have to keep your eyes on your fries!

smile.gif

<!--EDIT|GSXcite
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141096656 -->

Too close for comfort bro
wow.gif
, I think bikes should be allowed to have a few of them red and blue flashy doo-dahs like cops do
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for all the comments. Yep, the whole thing really got my attention. Really crappy part is that I am sure that the lady drove off, cussing us riders for being bad drivers and how I almost ran into her. I really don't think she had any clue or concept of what she was doing.

Back