guys im going nuts from this squishy sound!

shogun

Registered
alright. guys. I know I made another thread about this topic but I am in desperate help and I wanted to make myself more clear in this one. you know how your clutch lever has very little play in it where you can't feel any resistance. well when i gently squeeze my clutch lever in the 'no resistance zone' I can hear a squishy kind of sound coming from my slave cylinder(cylinder closest to the ground, one that pushes the rod). the clutch seems to be functioning fine and the resistance is definately there but what is this squishy sound, ive bled it a few times now and its still there. it soudns like air bubbles but when i crack open the bleeder screw no air comes out! anyone experience anyting like this b4?
plz help and thanks!

There is movement there, a cup is being forced out and a rod compressed inwards so it just might be normal.
If it works OK don't worry about it.

alright. guys. I know I made another thread about this topic but I am in desperate help and I wanted to make myself more clear in this one. you know how your clutch lever has very little play in it where you can't feel any resistance. well when i gently squeeze my clutch lever in the 'no resistance zone' I can hear a squishy kind of sound coming from my slave cylinder(cylinder closest to the ground, one that pushes the rod). the clutch seems to be functioning fine and the resistance is definately there but what is this squishy sound, ive bled it a few times now and its still there. it soudns like air bubbles but when i crack open the bleeder screw no air comes out! anyone experience anyting like this b4?
plz help and thanks!

Did you put some grease on the rod at the slave cylinder ???

nope, no grease on the rod. maybe i should of, but either way, the sound im hearing is not metal on metal i know that for sure. o well. ill just leave it for now. thanks again guys.

Just keep an eye on the level of fluid over time. If there are air bubbles in there they can be very small and get trapped. I replaced my fluid once and thought I had completely bled the system but on a ride to meet some others I "lost" my clutch. I thought it was a mechanical failure of some sort and babied it home without a clutch. Turns out there was still quite a bit of air still in there and I just needed more fluid. Felt kinda silly after that. So ride and keep an eye on it.

yea ill keep an eye on it for now. btw, if there IS a liiitle bit of air in there is it harmfull. it wont create more air right? or damage anything. clutch seems to be working fine! thanks again guys :beerchug:

If there is some air in the system it may compress and cause the clutch to feel soft.
You cannot compress a liquid, so when the clutch lever is pulled, the piston at the other end pushes the rod in all the way.
If there is air in the system, it may compress when the lever is pulled, and the piston will not move out the whole way, and the rod will not be moved it's full length.

right i get what ur saying. besides meauring the actual travel of the rod, is there a way to tell that the rod is not being pushed all the way in?

Back