How to remove clutch slave cylinder from sprocket cover?

twvette

Registered
In process of installing my billet sprocket cover to replace my cracked stock cover. How do I get the clutch slave cylinder out of the stock sprocket cover? I think I just remove the bleed screw at the top and the clarge lutch line banjo bolt at the corner of the cylinder and it will then slides out the rear of the cover, correct? Which screw should I remove first that makes this less messy?

Also, I do not have my clutch in and everything is disassembled. I think I will just loose more clutch fluid and/or get more air in the line, correct? Or is it a must I re-assemble and pull the clutch in, zip tie off to hold it in, and then continue for some reason?

Thanks for any input ... I need to finish this up quickly tomorrow so just looking to verify this and fill in some missing/conflicting info I have found ... thanks in advance ...

There is no way around re bleeding the clutch!

Here is the worlds simplest way to bleed brakes and clutches. My dad was an auto mechanic back in the 60's and learned from people who were doing it in the 40's.

One day he was watching me bleed the brakes on my 81 Corvette with this fancy brake vacuum set-up I will not tell you how much I paid for. He left for about 20 minutes and came back with a Mason jar and about 2 feet of clear air line he found under one of my fish tanks.

He set the Mason jar on the ground filled it up about a 1/4 of the way with brake fluid, stuck one end of the air line on the brake bleeder and the other end in the jar. He opend the bleeder about a 1/4 turn and told me to start pumping the brakes until there was no more bubbles coming out of the line. Make sure the end of the hose in the jar stays under the fluid the whole time so you do not suck air back in the line.

I have been doing it that way ever since with everything and have never had an issue.

Back