Guinevere's extreme makeover

Looks nice Don...Keep up the good work
cool.gif

Alright, how did you get those front turn signal bulbs to fit?!? They look like silverstar amber bulbs with the blue/chrome finish, did you have to mod them? I want them but they won't fit in the OEM housing.

Alright, how did you get those front turn signal bulbs to fit?!? They look like silverstar amber bulbs with the blue/chrome finish, did you have to mod them? I want them but they won't fit in the OEM housing.
You have to buy the right bulb. I don't remember the model that goes in there. Something like 7507 or something. Do a search, I posted about it when I realized that in 05 they changed the socket.

Don

She looks awesome Don... see, all that work and lack of sleep ends up being worth it!
thumbs-up.gif

She looks awesome Don... see, all that work and lack of sleep ends up being worth it!
thumbs-up.gif
Dude,
That staying up all night is no joke. Here is something very funny. Last night when I got finished with her, after being up 'till about 0200 the night before working on her, I am looking to make sure everything is back where it belongs and I have no extra pieces.

I find (3) 10mm bolts about a half an ich long. I start freakin' out. You CANNOT have extra parts when working on a bike. I am thinking I have to take the whole thing apart again.

My 12 year old son saved the day. "Dad aren't those the bolts that held that thing on that you let me take apart?" YAHOO -- Pair valve bolts.

Anyway guys thanks for all the compliments. I only have a few more things to do to her then I will be happy, well except for the supercharger package that I am planning on for next year.

Don

nice job. I'd like to hear how those high mounts sound. Do you go with high mounts for a reason? Wasn't sure if they were better for lean angle or something.

again - beautious...
smile.gif

nice job. I'd like to hear how those high mounts sound. Do you go with high mounts for a reason? Wasn't sure if they were better for lean angle or something.

again - beautious...
smile.gif
Shawn,
Here are some reasons I went with the high mounts.

#1 -- I wanted to keep the dual exhaust and only a couple of companies make a full dual system (HMF makes a standard mount dual system as well)

#2 -- We cut the mudflaps off to clean up the back of the bike, then leave the cans down there.

#3 -- I love the way they sound. Guinevere sounds like an F1 car.

#4 -- Yes you cannot scrape those pipes and maintain control of the bike.

Those high mounts sound wicked! Throaty and a bit raspy, above 4000 it does have that cart car whine....

Back