GSXRHP PLUG AND PLAY LED HEADLIGHTS AND TURN SIGNAL KIT REVIEW (GEN2)

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
I received my set that i got for my gen2 and took pictures of the install with instructions. To do this install for the kit that includes FULL LED HIGH BEAM, LOW BEAM, CITY RUNNING LIGHTS, AND DUAL COLOR TURN SIGNALS (WHITE AS RUNNING LIGHT, TURNS ORANGE WHEN FLASHING) all you need to do is remove the side panels, top trim and bottom trim for gauge cluster and the gauge cluster. i didn't take pics on how to take those off as if you own a gen2 i am sure you have had them off often and is not hard to do. John (gsxrhp) packaged them up nicely and all came intact with appropriate care.

IMG_4376.JPG

you also will find your new LED turn signals and flasher control unit to run them

IMG_4380.JPG

here is picture of the high and low beams in their box. (he also packaged the city lights in with them for safekeeping

IMG_4379.JPG

now that we have all the pieces..lets get started. on the left side of the bike you will see the fuses and the flasher unit

IMG_4374.JPG

remove the flasher unit. This is accomplished with two tabs on the long ends of the flasher. use a small screwdriver to insert at top and bottom to release clips carefully. i recommend some electronic gel for anti corrosion to be applied to all the connections as we go along.

IMG_4382.JPG

this is the orientation of the flasher unit and how it goes in. push the unit in as show properly oriented till the clips click in on both sides of the flasher.

IMG_4383.JPG

Now we can move on to the city running lights. here is the receptacles in their spots. you remove them carefully by pulling on the rubber tabs till it pulls out of the socket spot.

IMG_4384.JPG

during the install i recommend you test the lights before putting them back in. i noticed one side didn't light up. wasn't a bad bulb, the connection wires need bent to be more oriented to the copper connections that are more to the outside instead of the middle. (i only removed the whole receptacle for ease of view, you can leave it connected to main harness with no issues)

IMG_4387.JPG

next we work on the turn signals. the right is easier to get to as it dont have the fuse's above it.

IMG_4393.JPG

line up the tabs (there is one small and one larger tab. you can see the small tab's are at 12 o'clock position approximately and the large at 6 o'clock position. press in firmly and turn clockwise to lock in.

Back