GSXRHP PLUG AND PLAY LED HEADLIGHTS AND TURN SIGNAL KIT REVIEW (GEN2)

now for the left side (helps to have smaller hands here. i pulled the fuse's off their tabs so i can move them out of the way for more room. i also released the zip tie so wires moved more freely (press down on tab on back and pull end out)

IMG_4397.JPG

IMG_4397.JPG

IMG_4399.JPG

reconnect the connections with the new bulb. again line up the small and large tabs, into socket for turnsignal, rotate clockwise to lock in.

IMG_4402.JPG

now to tackle the main headlight and high beam. the low beam is easier (on the bottom) and removes with counter clock wise rotation, unclip the plug using the tab, reconnect and line up the tabs (3) rotate clockwise and lock in. much easier to do than high beam here is a picture of it installed

IMG_4404.JPG

now for the most difficult of the install. the high beam. remove the connection by just pulling back. no tabs. and remove the rubber boot (shown above) by just pulling the rubber tabs. below you will see the bulb still in its wire clip.

IMG_4405.JPG

the wire clip is simply pushing the oval part of the wire on the right down and pull back to rotate it out of the way and the old bulb comes out

now your new bulb (h7) will have a lock piece on the bulb that should pull straight off towards the front of bulb. if it does not it may need released by slight turn counter clock wise. then pull the lock piece off the bulb. note the tab locations. the lock piece will have a tab on the top with straight pieces. this goes into the socket and then you use the lock wire to hold it in as such.

IMG_4406.JPG

now i modified the rubber boot as shown, as the heat sink on back of bulb interferes with the wire tab and makes it hard to push the bulb in and rotate clockwise to lock into the already installed (and locked by wire) retaining piece. i modified it by measuring the width of heat sinks and using scissors cut the shown parts of the boot to allow for clearance on the rubber boot)

IMG_4407.JPG

IMG_4408.JPG

IMG_4409.JPG

now push the rubber boot onto the front section as shown in above picture so it seats as far back on the bulb for ease of install. then unfold the boot to allow for ease to see the wire tab once you push the bulb in and rotate clockwise to lock it in as shown here (the heat sink will start at about 11o'clock position and rotate to 12o'clock position.)

IMG_4411.JPG

all in all it is a very easy install, GSXRHP (john) is more than happy to answer any questions you may have. his customer service is top notch.. i had installed his first try at these sets and after a year the flasher failed and he realized the sockets didn't hold the bulbs for the turn signals well, he experimented and found much better sockets and provided me replacements for FREE because he stands behind his products!! i hope this review and explanation helps you with any questions. you are more than welcome to ask me any questions and i will try my best to answer them quickly or message me on facebook (chrisjp16407)

Sweet Write up Chris,,,
The kits are 100% plug and play, OEM connectors, And Bright

Ta DA

now for the most difficult of the install. the high beam. remove the connection by just pulling back. no tabs. and remove the rubber boot (shown above) by just pulling the rubber tabs. below you will see the bulb still in its wire clip.

View attachment 1607023
Idk if I'm reading it wrong but shouldn't it be high beam on the bottom and low beam on the top with the rubber that needs to be trimmed?

Idk if I'm reading it wrong but shouldn't it be high beam on the bottom and low beam on the top with the rubber that needs to be trimmed?
yes... sorry you are right but i am after the time in which to edit it and correct that for clarification

Back