Group Rides for Fall Bash 2011

el stumpo

Registered
Anyone have any group rides planned for the Bash? Aside from the Dragon - any sites anyone wants to head to?

Anyone have any group rides planned for the Bash? Aside from the Dragon - any sites anyone wants to head to?

I definitely want to ride through gatlinburg and pigeon forge. I never go around that area and not stop there.

If you guys want an Idea - take 28 from the Dragon and head toward Franklin. Stop at the Top and Bottom of Fontana Damn if you're doing the sightseeing pace, then follow 28 all the way to 74/19, about 4 miles 28 breaks off again to Franklin.. Beautiful roads, In Franklin, eat at Cafe Rel (it's in the Hotspot Gas Station that 28 will pop into town at). If you want a little more time/Distance, take 28 out of Franklin to Highlands.. some beautiful road there once you get back out of Franklin, and you'll go past Bridal Veil Falls, where you can park under the falls for a photo Op, and you'll also run along some beautiful waterfalls.
If Cafe Rel was too busy (but it is worth a wait), at the First light in Highlands there will be a restaurant on the far left side of the intersection named Nicks.. Great food and service..

To return, reverse your route, but when you get on 74/19, don't split off back onto 28 to Fontana, follow it through Nantahala Gorge, Beautiful scenery and it will bring you to 129 South of Robbinsville

If you guys want an Idea - take 28 from the Dragon and head toward Franklin. Stop at the Top and Bottom of Fontana Damn if you're doing the sightseeing pace, then follow 28 all the way to 74/19, about 4 miles 28 breaks off again to Franklin.. Beautiful roads, In Franklin, eat at Cafe Rel (it's in the Hotspot Gas Station that 28 will pop into town at). If you want a little more time/Distance, take 28 out of Franklin to Highlands.. some beautiful road there once you get back out of Franklin, and you'll go past Bridal Veil Falls, where you can park under the falls for a photo Op, and you'll also run along some beautiful waterfalls.
If Cafe Rel was too busy (but it is worth a wait), at the First light in Highlands there will be a restaurant on the far left side of the intersection named Nicks.. Great food and service..

To return, reverse your route, but when you get on 74/19, don't split off back onto 28 to Fontana, follow it through Nantahala Gorge, Beautiful scenery and it will bring you to 129 South of Robbinsville

That sounds liek an awesome route. I may have to plot that on google maps and try that one.

It's a great route because it's not too long and has a great mix of roads.. If the group is taking it's time you can turn around in Franklin (or some of the group can) and not do the part to Highlands to save time, and there are some great spots to take a break, get photos, etc. If I'm ahead enough on my work at the shop Wed-Friday, I may be able to meet up with you guys and go along..

Well look what the cat dragged in! LOL

They didn't have your rum here - I'll check in TN,, For the Bourbon - I've got 6-10 good choices here at any given time.. And I may or may not come prepared - I either have to truck over and sleep in the truck, or ride over and not drink..

Are you coming alone, or is Page coming also?
They didn't have your rum here - I'll check in TN,, For the Bourbon - I've got 6-10 good choices here at any given time.. And I may or may not come prepared - I either have to truck over and sleep in the truck, or ride over and not drink..

Right now it looks like I'm coming alone.. going down to work on the new shop, and I'll ride and come party if that work is going well..

I'll check the thread again about midnight, if anyone confirms I can meet at the gap at 10. Otherwise I'll just come make gap runs early afternoon.

Back