2011 Fall Bash Attendance Thread

Ill be there in the early afternoon, headed to bed to leave in the middle of the nite

So what time is everyone getting in? when are we going to start meeting up? I think I see GixxerHP down the hill at his phillips place :laugh:. Looks like the swings from old bash pictures. I am out to get something to eat. I am starving and havent eaten all day

Make sure you go up on the skyway and find this pull off....you'll forget about the ride in the rain.

Wish I could be there.
P4210001.jpg

Sorry to say no...I'm going to visit my son who is in nuke school up in Saratoga Springs New York. He'll finish in March or so and then hit a sub to be gone for who knows how long. Yep that's the skyway and you'll have a blast on that road for sure. Look up Georgiabusa_05..he is Mr Rand McNally for the area and the new holder of the Hayabusa Poster from Mr. Bogus. You guys have fun.

2BB

Cherohala skyway?

And your not coming out?

Well since I am the first on here and no one is getting here til tomorrow :laugh, I think i will just go ride the dragon a good number of times to get familiar with it and maybe swing by the damn or skyway or both. The weather is supposed to be nice from 10-3. Friday is an even smaller good weather window and sat is supposed to be beautiful.

Well If i had a bike to ride Id come down BUT, I can't tow right now....

Wish I could b there for ne more ride..

Well since I am the first on here and no one is getting here til tomorrow :laugh, I think i will just go ride the dragon a good number of times to get familiar with it and maybe swing by the damn or skyway or both. The weather is supposed to be nice from 10-3. Friday is an even smaller good weather window and sat is supposed to be beautiful.

Enjoy the peace and quiet Russell!!! Go explore there are roads around there that are just as good at less populated just posted pics

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

You have more faith that I do Big E.. Two bikes on a trailer with NO CHOCKS?? That's crazy to me!! Good luck though, may the force be with you...

You have more faith that I do Big E.. Two bikes on a trailer with NO CHOCKS?? That's crazy to me!! Good luck though, may the force be with you...

I Guess the difference between the trailer and the back of the Pick-up is if a bike falls over on the trailer, it may end up sliding down the pavement. :nervous:

By the way, I have ridden bikes on the back of my Pick-up for years, using only handle bar straps, or a canyon dancer, 1,000's of miles, never had an incident. Never used a chock for transportation, not sure what that does to the forks due to the distance below center of gravity support. Maybe one day I'll do some calculations if someone else has not done it before?

I Guess the difference between the trailer and the back of the Pick-up is if a bike falls over on the trailer, it may end up sliding down the pavement. :nervous:

By the way, I have ridden bikes on the back of my Pick-up for years, using only handle bar straps, or a canyon dancer, 1,000's of miles, never had an incident. Never used a chock for transportation, not sure what that does to the forks due to the distance below center of gravity support. Maybe one day I'll do some calculations if someone else has not done it before?

In the bed of the truck you have the trucks suspension on your side. The trailer's suspension leaves much to be desired. I personally would never trailer without a chock of some sort. In the bed of the truck is fine (well, I'd still use a chock simply because I have one) but not on a trailer.
Man I hope you don't have issues, that would suck...

I made a wise choice. Don't know about Deals Gap, but it has rained here for the past two days. You folks have a blast.

I made a wise choice. Don't know about Deals Gap, but it has rained here for the past two days. You folks have a blast.

Yes it poured on me as I was on my way to the dragon at 10. It stopped about 11 and it was beautiful for about 3 hours. I just got back to my room. Time for some food!

I had a BLAST. Took me 2 round trips through before I got a feel for it and I got my knee down for the first time ever on my 4th round trip through :thumbsup:

I am self proclaiming myself, the Rain Veteran. After yesterdays 150 miles in the rain and todays downpour going to deals gap....

Yes it poured on me as I was on my way to the dragon at 10. It stopped about 11 and it was beautiful for about 3 hours. I just got back to my room. Time for some food!

I had a BLAST. Took me 2 round trips through before I got a feel for it and I got my knee down for the first time ever on my 4th round trip through :thumbsup:

I am self proclaiming myself, the Rain Veteran. After yesterdays 150 miles in the rain and todays downpour going to deals gap....

Let me check the locals for pix of said accomplishment :rofl:

Rained all afternoon so no afternoon riding. I am not liking this mountain weather

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

It has been POURING at my house... Hopefully this mess will clear up. See you all tomorrow evening wither way. :thumbsup:

Back