Grommet In Airbox

piratediverjefff

Registered
Just pulled the lid and filter out of my airbox(gettin' ready for the new short stacks,Sprint filter,and Iridium plugs:laugh:)and found a rubber grommet about the diameter of a quarter laying on the bottom.It had to come out of one of the ram air tubes(I know a bunch of you have experienced the same,but damned if I can remember what the answer was:laugh:).Must not be of much importance but would like to put it back once I find out where it came from(unless it's a PITA).

Thanks bro,I figured it had to be along there somewhere(haven't opened the air box up in 3 years so hard telling how long it's been in there :laugh:).Actually surprised how dirty the OEM filter is after 9,400 miles,pretty cruddy.

Once you reinstall the grommet put a drop of superglue under the grommet to hold it in place during installation. I also spray a bit of silicone spray on the post and it pops right in without pushing it through.

I often had thoughts of clipping that post off and gluing something over the hole in ram air tube.
Probably would've added like fifty horsepower :laugh:

But seriously, with as many spots as there are that hold the fairings on I thought it would not miss that one post and couldn't have hurt to seal those holes up. Sold the bike before I ever got around to it. :(

Back