Rewound Stator back... how to wire through rubber grommet

Narcissus

Hayabusa Immortal
Registered
I got my stator back from Rick's, but I need to somehow get it back into the case. They gave me long leads from the windings, so I have to pass that through the rubber grommet that seals the case from the outside.

Any suggestions on doing this? :please:
TIA!:thumbsup:

what does the grommet look like? Is it a two peice if you pull it out of the case or maybe have a slit in it? Or does it just have a hole for the wires to pass through? If it just has a small hole in it you may have to pull the plug end off the leads if it has one.

I got my stator back from Rick's, but I need to somehow get it back into the case. They gave me long leads from the windings, so I have to pass that through the rubber grommet that seals the case from the outside.

Any suggestions on doing this? :please:
TIA!:thumbsup:

grease...(preferably "di-electric grease")...liberally applied to the wire casing and lotsa muscle...with pliers...best i can come up with off the cuff...hope it helps and L8R, Bill. :cool:

Disclaimer: I just had trouble changing a lightbulb. :rofl:

grease...(preferably "di-electric grease")...liberally applied to the wire casing and lotsa muscle...with pliers...best i can come up with off the cuff...hope it helps and L8R, Bill. :cool:

Disclaimer: I just had trouble changing a lightbulb. :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What's the exact advantage of having the stator rewound? Maintenance or upgrade? Would it put out more power? Do you have a lot of accessories running off of it?

Post pics on this please, I have alot of accessories on mine and was debating on a heated suit, If I got the suit I would need a charge upgrade. Please help and send pics!!!

Funny, funny... :rolleyes:

I'm talking about the U-shaped rubber piece where the five wires (three yellow, one blue and one green) come out of the stator cover and go to the tail section to the rectifier. The stock wires are set into that rubber piece.

I'm thinking I can just cut the three yellow wires, carefully drill the remains out of the grommet, pass the new wires through and seal with black engine silicone. Sound about right?

Anyway, I did the high-output stator with the new rectifier. Apparently the stock '99 had overly hot stators, which has been killing my rectifiers.

Will post pics tomorrow when I can. Way too much going on... ???

Back