Grips

phill0114

Registered
I am finishing up some winter work I did to my bike. I am now looking for some good grips to add to it. I was thinking about the driven 3d ones. Any ideas? What are some good grips out there? Ones you can ride with as well as look good.

I am finishing up
some winter work
I did to my bike .

I am now looking for
some good grips
to add to it .

I was thinking about
the driven 3 d ones.

Any ideas ?

What are some good grips out there ?

Ones you can ride with as well as look good .

I have cheap Asian Driven D3 copies on my 14. They worked out fine and have been there many years. Only complaint is the color is a bit off. I used a socket to pound them on the last inch but they went on with some dish soap to lube. They will definitely need to be cut off they are on there tight as hell. Following comments for the 14 but I bet the busa is about the same : you won't get the end over the ridge on the throttle tube so there will be a small gap inboard. Color the throttle tube with a black sharpie. Probably won't get the bar end weight on the throttle outboard side because of that gap. Leave it off. Looks cool with a bar end mirror bung on there instead. Order those from Asia. Good as CRGs and about $12.

I got me these cheapies from Ebay which i really like more than i was expected to like them. The side on clutch had BS screws which i stripped before even i properly tightened them so i rewired them with thicker wire and fitted stronger screws with some thread tape under the grip and it is fitting perfectly. I just dont like the "spiky" bar ends so i am repainting the OEM's and having a little something airbrushed/engraved in them as well. I thought i try yhem to see how they ride, first day hurt my handpalms a bit and feld stupid but now that im used to them i love them. Fitted the levers aswel to fit in with bike and grips.

20180323_171316.jpg

20180323_171340.jpg

I like ProGrip 761
Sometimes listed as scooter or gel grips, but they are standard twist throttle grips.
They are a medium compound, not hard, or squishy, and their main difference from other grips is that they are a larger diameter in the middle of the grip, and taper down to each side.
Cheap too, about $12 a pair on ebay.

Back