Great gas mileage

I have gotten 63-65 on long trips, constant speed. :cheerleader:

that's because you weigh about as much as one of my legs and can fit behind the windscreen :laugh: some of us (talking about me) have the aerodynamics of a block of concrete :lol:

that's because you weigh about as much as one of my legs and can fit behind the windscreen :laugh: some of us (talking about me) have the aerodynamics of a block of concrete :lol:

I'm right with you on that. After a lot of data logging and fine tuning, I get ~45 mph @ ~75 using the cruise control.

I have been running my air pressure at 36 front and rear because that is what the bike calls for. I may have to increase them up to 42 and see about getting better MPG.

I have got up to 225 a tank. Some where around 60 MPG I think. Open raod of course. Its been a long time since I checked it. I just pet the speedohealer on and have not checked it to see what the difference is. Acording to the chart the speed Omp was 5.2% off.

225 miles on a tank is 45 MPG. I get 225 miles on 5 gallons of gas twice a week from my 120 mile commute.

I have a 39 tooth sprocket that I need to put on with my new chain as soon as my digital caliper comes in.

Stay in the tuck position as much as possible. That way, you cause less wind resistance and turbulence as well as look fast even if you are not going fast!!:thumbsup:

With average riding in city and highway I get 37 to 40 mpg. All highway 44 to 48 mpg. That is with +3 on the rear, full exhaust, tuned ecm, piper cross air filter, and a few smaller mods. Stock highway best was 55 mpg! Averaged 42/43 mpg city/highway.

Back