Grab bar...

The grab bar is also a gauge for passengers. If they cannot sit on the rear seat and get their hands on the bar at the same time, their a$$ is too big and therefore they cannot ride.
[/QUOTE]

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

It also helps save time . Without the mod you would have to get out the tool box and take the grab rail off each time you wanted to run with the hump. This way all you have to do it switch the hump/seat and go. DUUUH
rock.gif

Just done this mod about 15min ago. Simple, quick, and looks great (even though I'm still using the stock GB). Now I need to order me up one of those two piece black anodized GB's.

Just done this mod about 15min ago.  Simple, quick, and looks great (even though I'm still using the stock GB).  Now I need to order me up one of those two piece black anodized GB's.
I'm debating that as well for my 06LE. Let me know what you turn up for a price.

Maybe we can get a two person group buy going.
laugh.gif

Just done this mod about 15min ago.  Simple, quick, and looks great (even though I'm still using the stock GB).  Now I need to order me up one of those two piece black anodized GB's.
Charlie,
If you trimmed the hump close, make sure you check it after a few miles to be sure that the natural vibes aren't causing the hump to rub against the grab bar.

Charlie,
If you trimmed the hump close, make sure you check it after a few miles to be sure that the natural vibes aren't causing the hump to rub against the grab bar.
+1 I just trimmed my hump a little more for this very reason.

OK I'll ask the obvious stupid question. Flame on.

Does anyone know if there is a federal regulation for Manufacturers to provide hand holds for passengers? In the Marine industry the Coast Guard has regs for number of grab handles and location for passengers, pretty sure the DOT has something similar for cars.

BTW I don't dig the hump/handle combo! I like the lines of the rear with hump on and the handle blows that for me personally.

BTW I don't dig the hump/handle combo! I like the lines of the rear with hump on and the handle blows that for me personally.
+1 But to each his own. I just press my leg on the driver seat to get the bike level and hold it up when I put it on the stand. I can see how MC might need it for his stand without the handle on it, but if the stand has a handle, I've found the way I do it to be easier. Just my .02 though.

Not bashing anyone, before it is claimed I am.

Back