How to fit pass seat cover with grab bar in place?

///M+Busa

Registered
I am sure my terminology is incorrect
newbie.gif
, but i am looking for the how-to on the mod that will allow me to have the cover in place where the passenger seat is now with the grab bar still installed?

The hump mod?
beerchug.gif

You have to put the hump on the bar and mark the spot to dremel

Pull it off and cut away.

Not you guys, but the other guys who I think look dumb having a "Grab Bar" with a hump that can't be used for grabbing.
tounge.gif

(Sane_man @ May 27 2007,11:41) Not you guys, but the other guys who I think look dumb having a "Grab Bar" with a hump that can't be used for grabbing.  
tounge.gif
I have the grab bar with the hump. Makes a big difference when it's time to put the bike on the stands. Much easier.

(soon2be @ May 28 2007,19:25)
(Sane_man @ May 27 2007,11:41) Not you guys, but the other guys who I think look dumb having a "Grab Bar" with a hump that can't be used for grabbing.  
tounge.gif
I have the grab bar with the hump.  Makes a big difference when it's time to put the bike on the stands.  Much easier.
beerchug.gif

Also, to me, it looks better if done correctly in terms of the color. Example ... the blue/silver version won't look right with a black bar (my opinion). It'll look far better if the bar was blue. The black/grey looks acceptable. The LEs look okay because of their black frame and swingarm. I chromed the front of my bike and got a chrome grab bar today and it makes the bike look closer to complete. Now the chrome sorta "flows" from the front to the rear as opposed to only being up front.

Pics will come soon.  
biggrin.gif

Its really depends on the color of the bike and bar.

Back