GP reverse shift?

samw5

Registered
Just wondering if anyone has tried a reverse shift pattern on a busa and if it would provide a significant improvement.
I'm thinking that with large CC bikes it doesn't become as important since shifting in turns isn't all that critical (at least as much as with lower cc engines). Just figured I would ask to see if anyone's done it.

Also do they still use it in GP or it's just being used as a term to describe a once used shifting pattern?

Standard on all race bikes. Still would do on any bike used for track, at SOME point you would be laid over in a turn with your boot trapped and need to upshift...
smile.gif

I changed mine over because of drags and love it . I ride everyday and like reverse shifting better for riding too. You can try it just by turning the clamp over and if you don't like it put it back . It takes a little while to get used to it though.

i started using the gp shift pattern in the 90s and now i prefer it
it becomes second nature
help keep your feet from dragging in the turns
promotes you to keep your feet up on the peg in the turn

each their own... i did it for a little while, but swapping bikes not set up alike provided a challenge for me...

could you post a pix of what the mod looks like... if it's just a matter of minutes to set it up that way i wouldn't mind giving it a shot. thanks!

nm the pictures, looks easy enough.

also are there any particular reasons what this isn't a typical street setup? I can see that first may be a bit harder to engage if you need to quickly take off.
any other major disadvantages to it? would you guys recommend this setup for manly street riding? I do ride the busa to work mostly in city traffic (bit of highway) and enjoy open road on weekends but haven't done any track yet (i hope to be able to soon).

I love reverse shift pattern, have done it for years on loads of my bikes. Far quicker upshifts on fast riding too.

Always had all my bike lgp shift the way to go...except my ..Kawi......but i wont talk about that..dont wanna get banned:laugh:

My Friend got me onto gp shifting and I love it.
The oem rear sets on the busa are able to be reversed but you will need to machine the head of the kickstand mounting bolt down so the arm doesnt stike it. I dont have any pictures but I used that for a lilttle while before I ended up goign with rear sets from Sato that are the gp pattern.

DSC00446.JPG

:beerchug:

Back