Got pulled over today, first time ever on a bike.

Turbo-Torch

Donating Member
Registered
The ultimate perfect day...Saturday, 85º and sunny. Best friend calls around 11:00 and wants to take a ride out to a big bike dealership called Max Pitts which is about 100 miles away.

Nice ride out there but we find they're on a different time zone and already closed.
sad.gif
No big deal. We visit a bunch of little towns (never knew there was a Mexico Indiana). Grab a late lunch at Pizza Hut and head back out on a very secluded highway. About 10 miles in the road is closed and there are barricades. We decide to see if we can get around the closure and squeeze the Busa and XX between the barricades and drive on. No joy, too much road equipment up ahead BUT we had at least 1 mile of virgin black top closed off from the rest of the world and nothing but heavy woods on each side of the road! It was like God just handed us a perfect drag strip out in the middle of nowhere.
smile.gif
XX did win one race when I gave him a handicap by taking off in 2nd.
biggrin.gif

About 50 miles later we're back in familar territory. Single lane country road and nothing but corn fields. It's one of the places that if you're by yourself and wreck, you'll be laying there for days before someone finds you. XX flies past me so I crack open the throttle which in turn cracks open a can o' whoop ass on the XX.
We slow down about a mile before coming to a more travelled road. Take a left onto that road and aww crap...cop car on the side of the road up ahead with its lights on. Now thoughts of "bear in the air" are going through my mind and I'm looking to see if there's a helicopter hovering around.

We pull up and there's a car waiting in front of us. After about 20 seconds she slowly goes around and we start to follow...cool the cop had a car load of punk kids pulled over!
As soon as we go by, the cop jumps out from the car and starts screaming at us to pull over like a raving lunatic! You would have thought we just murdered someone. I pull over and my friend on the XX keeps going about 100' and then pulls over. As he's walking the bike back the cop angrily asks for my license and registration and won't say what the problem is. Cop goes back to the kids in the car, hands the driver a ticket and sends them on their way. Friend is back by that time and the cop takes his license and starts complaining there's no MC endorsement. Friend tells him he had one in IL but it must not have transferred to IN.
Cop goes back to the car and pulls about 20' forward by us, hops back out and hands our papers back without even running them.

Reason for getting pulled over:

While he was sitting in his squad car, he looked in his rear view mirror and noticed the girl in front of me look in her rear view mirror at me!

In the few seconds it took him to move his car 20' and get back out he became Mr. Friendly...told us to ride safe, wished us a happy holiday and that was it. I usually expect the looney cops to be near retirement age, but this dude had to be in his mid 20's. We were too dumbfounded to even say anything.

I got pulled over because a chic looked at me in her freakin' rear view mirror!

That just sounds bizarre. How did he know what she was looking at?
rock.gif

That just sounds bizarre.  How did he know what she was looking at?  
rock.gif
I have no idea.  I was tempted to ask a few questions but from his weird mood swing I felt it was best to just say "take care officer" and move on.
Did you ever hear of the saying " It's best to leave a sleeping dog lay"?
I think that sleeping dog is going to get kicked. If I get a chance tomorrow I'm going to stop by the police station and complain...not that it'll do any good. The more I think about it the more it pisses me off.
I would have stopped by the police station yesterday or today but I'm pretty sure they're closed all day on Sundays and definitely would have been closed today.

Guy had multiple personalities or something...when the good cop, bad cop scenario plays out I usually expect there to be TWO cops.

That just sounds bizarre.  How did he know what she was looking at?  
rock.gif
I have no idea.  I was tempted to ask a few questions but from his weird mood swing I felt it was best to just say "take care officer" and move on.
Did you ever hear of the saying " It's best to leave a sleeping dog lay"?
I think that sleeping dog is going to get kicked.  If I get a chance tomorrow I'm going to stop by the police station and complain...not that it'll do any good.  The more I think about it the more it pisses me off.
I would have stopped by the police station yesterday or today but I'm pretty sure they're closed all day on Sundays and definitely would have been closed today.

Guy had multiple personalities or something...when the good cop, bad cop scenario plays out I usually expect there to be TWO cops.
Hank and I play the good cop bad cop routine often....
wink.gif

A PD closed on Sunday? Can you get me/us an application?

Maybe he thought that someone in the car was going to try something since the girls was looking back at him and you guys were the closest thing to help that he had? Just a thought but, he could have done it with out the attitude.

love the good cop/bad cop MPD commment that is funny and i dont care who you are lol

Maybe he wanted to see the king up close since he is used to chasing squids. haha

Back