Got my dyno tune today.

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Drove over to Lee's Performance for my dyno tune today. Lee is an outstanding gentleman. Very friendly and knowledgeable. There were about 15 Drag busas sitting in his lobby and about 6 busas for sale in his lobby from nitrous to stage 3 turbo so this man knows his busas.

Throttle is much smoother and the low end is much nice now with the ECU flash and her being tuned up.

The numbers because I know you all will ask.

Before Tune:
164.50 HP 101.67 Ft Lb

After Tune:
173.30 HP 105.69 Ft Lb

The mods I have:
Small air box mod
4 LONG air box stacks
Vance and Hines header
Brocks Dual Alien Head slipons (they SCREAMED on the dyno :))

Im not concerned with numbers, but I am extremely happy with how the bike feels now.

Ive had my car done, not the bike yet, but things feel a ton better after a tune. I think it may be Voo-doo:whistle:

Ive had my car done, not the bike yet, but things feel a ton better after a tune. I think it may be Voo-doo:whistle:

I just wish it was better weather so I could ride. It looks like it may warm up a little next weekend so I can take her out.

How long did the tune take? I think those are great numbers for a Gen1. Heck, my Gen2 hit 181 after it's tune.

Hmmm I may have to make an appointment before the spring bash. $250 is a good deal for a ecu tune.

I had the exact same thing done by Lee. I can not find my Dyno sheet anymore, but very similar numbers .... I think mine was 172.6 hp and 95ish torque.

Hmmm I may have to make an appointment before the spring bash. $250 is a good deal for a ecu tune.

Yeahh. Since I got the full exhaust and did every engine mod I figured I would get it done this winter prior to painting.

Also where are the pics of the dual alien heads?

Not coming at the moment :laugh:. They are installed one the Gen1 tail so it's put on a tiny bit sloppy and my busa is more dirty than it has ever been sooo Im too embarrassed to take pictures. Sixpack was giving me hell for it too. They will come eventually.... :laugh:

heres a picture on the dyno:

That torque sounds kinda low.Mine was 96 when I had mine done but I guess every dyno is different.I am thinking of getting 2 more tall stacks for mine as well.

Back