Central Florida Dyno

coyote69

Registered
'07 Busa - Brock Street Meg - PCIII - Pair valve - Air box mod

Dyno w/K&N filter - 154 hp - 91 ft/lb
Dyno w/stock filter - 158 hp - 93 ft/lb

Results seem low

Anybody else in Florida with results or input.

Did you have it Dyno tuned
rock.gif

I'm running the map from Brock's but changed out the K&N filter back to the stock. Makes more power now but also runs richer??? If it was flowing better wouldn't it be leaner?

Any suggestions on what I should be checking?

The K&N would be just a little better than what stock should be. It's widely known that the factory filter out performs the after market. I would hope with a decent tune you would reap low 160's maybe even 165.
all_coholic.gif

(coyote69 @ Jun. 23 2007,21:42) I'm running the map from Brock's but changed out the K&N filter back to the stock. Makes more power now but also runs richer??? If it was flowing better wouldn't it be leaner?

I'm a numb nutz on here, there's probably a 100 guys that could tell ya. The bikes are computer driven and I don't know that the theory on burn is true, but it would make since.

How many miles on the bike
rock.gif

I haven't dyno tuned it yet, the dyno guy says it looks good, but it is a mobile dyno.

I didn't baseline it either, it was more an after thought. after I installed everything I went out and there was a dyno at the bike nite, so I ran it. Now I'm curious about if something might be wrong.

The dyno guy showed me other dynos tonite for busa's with slip-ons and filters, they were all 143 - 147hp.

Stingy Dyno and you might see slight gains after you get some more miles on it. The shipped maps are close but are a one size fits all bikes. A custom map would reap more, but I don't know if the cost would be worth it. Mines bone stock and when I play with friends I know all I need to know. Busa rules. Most of those guys have minor mods. No doubt the newer liter bikes would hand me my arse until 170
SHOCKED.gif

141 hp....there a healthy Busa on the planet that'll only put out 141 HP...his dyno is goofy.
guns.gif

(coyote69 @ Jun. 23 2007,18:18) '07 Busa - Brock Street Meg - PCIII - Pair valve - Air box mod

Dyno w/K&N filter - 154 hp - 91 ft/lb
Dyno w/stock filter - 158 hp - 93 ft/lb

Results seem low

Anybody else in Florida with results or input.
I've hear this alot about the K&N filters. The guy that tuned mine said he has people use either stock, or BMC.

There is a guy in tampa area, Kinetic Motorsports (Chad). I used him for mine, and he has an excellent rep for making maps.

I pulled 174 RWHP with the mods listed below. (he said that was the highest he'd ever seen on a Busa w/o engine work) Busa right before mine was 1 of my best friends basically same mods only no small box mod, and Muzzy pipe pulled 164 RWHP.

And Chad Uses 5th for his tuning also.

(coyote69 @ Jun. 23 2007,18:42) I'm running the map from Brock's but changed out the K&N filter back to the stock.  Makes more power now but also runs richer???  If it was flowing better wouldn't it be leaner?

check into getting a custom map.....

(coyote69 @ Jun. 23 2007,18:55) yea, I'm thinking about finding another dyno just to verify.

He did my dyno in 5th gear, is this correct?
should have been in 4th...gear...like I said get a second opinion...

Back