got a new front tire...

Break in
rock.gif
?...... I run Metzlers, they were sticky to start with. I did S-Turns for about an hour everywhere I went. Then, like Charles said, I took it out and rolled it around. I was finished within a couple hours. No complaints. Randy made a good point, cold weather, new tires, cold road, a little slippin and slidin'..... MMMmmmmm.......well you get it...
super.gif

PS If you're confidence doesn't increase within a couple hundred miles, bail out and get a set you're happier with....no washin' out the Busa on-a-count-of slippery tires.....
coolold.gif

hmm will have to take it easy when i put my pirelli corsca's on im thinking i might just wait till bike week is over so i can just roast the hell outa my bike tire

Ok, well the "Stinko's" are comin off the bike next thursday as soon as I get back from the rig. Same place that put on my front has a pair of Dunlop Qualifiers waitin on me. I'm tryin to work out a deal with the owner, and he might actually take the tire back and put the credit towards the Qualifiers.

I admit i was pretty naive as far as tires go, but I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!!!!
SHOCKED.gif

Thanks for the responses guys, and for settin me straight!

About 4 laps at a track or ~9 trackday miles.

On a nice canyon road, ~15miles.

Normal street riding, recommended 50-100miles.

Just depends on how you ride it during the break-in.  You gotta scrub off the center all the way to the edges.
yup!

Since I've got tire warmers, it's one lap at 75% pace then 110% ballz to the wall WOT the rest of the way, with brand spankin' new tires.
laugh.gif
cool.gif

UPDATE!:

Took the bike back today and they replaced that Stinko with a Dunlop Qualifier. HUGE difference!! Felt very nice the whole ride back. No issues whatsoever. I do still have the Shinko Raven on the rear, but its been hookin up ok. I will wear it out and swap for the rear qualifier in a few months.

thumb_up.gif
want to be good and ready for the Meet N Greet in June!

The Qualifier is AN EXCELLENT CHOICE. One of my favorite street tires! And not a bad trackday tire as well.

Qualifiers are my favorite street tire. A really good confidence builder. Like grp man says, good track tire as well.

If you ever watch Jason Pridmore perform on a bone stock gsxr1K shod with Qualifiers, you'll be a firm believer that none of us on this forum will outride a qualifier
beerchug.gif

Qualifiers are my favorite street tire. A really good confidence builder. Like grp man says, good track tire as well.

If you ever watch Jason Pridmore perform on a bone stock gsxr1K shod with Qualifiers, you'll be a firm believer that none of us on this forum will outride a qualifier  
beerchug.gif
+Trillion

For those who don't know who recently retired AMA Superbike racer Jason Pridmore is, just go to Pridmore's Star Motorcycle High Performance riding School and check out his vids. AMAZING!

Back