GoPro Video editoring software

gsx1300rr

Registered
Just got a GoPro today and shot some cool footage. I have no idea how to edit the software and make a vid though. Is there a specific program that is preferred?

I used to use what Jgguns posted, good way to convert mp4 to other formats. What windows platform do you have? Windows 7 Windows Movie Maker works well.

Go here and see what they say. It is the best GoPro forum around. They have answers for any question you could possibly have.

I used to use what Jgguns posted, good way to convert mp4 to other formats. What windows platform do you have? Windows 7 Windows Movie Maker works well.

I couldn't get it to let me edit anything. All it is showing is a black screen where the video should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't get it to let me edit anything. All it is showing is a black screen where the video should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my first one ever edited with windows 7 Movie maker. You have to import it and it takes a while. Then edit. This was the best resolution of any one I have done because I did not have to convert the mp4 to a lower resolution format.

It takes some getting used to, effects, cutting and pasting scenes, adding music and titles, etc. But since its free it is what I am going to use from now on.

I think I was a little to impatient :whistle::whistle: It takes a while to load up. I'll see what I can do with my onboard passes from the Texas Mile.

This is one I did using AVsforyou to convert to wmv and then using windows movie maker in XP.

- Hallett Track Day #2, Labor Day Weekend[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows Movie Maker works pretty well for video editing and it is already loaded to your PC.

Just made the video! I will upload it here in a few. Not nearly as cool as it felt, haha. After watching other vids, its a little lacking but its my only footage w/the camera and my 1st time ever w/video editing haha so be gentle. I will upload it in the next couple hrs.

This is one I did using AVsforyou to convert to wmv and then using windows movie maker in XP.

[URL="
- Hallett Track Day #2, Labor Day Weekend[/URL]

How well did your XP machine handle the HP file? So you used AVSvforyou to convert to .avi container and then WMM will run it?

BTW, whomever sent the forum link THANK YOU. I have been trying to use Adobe Premier Elements, but the .mp4 just overwhelms my computer(s)

How well did your XP machine handle the HP file? So you used AVSvforyou to convert to .avi container and then WMM will run it?

BTW, whomever sent the forum link THANK YOU. I have been trying to use Adobe Premier Elements, but the .mp4 just overwhelms my computer(s)

It did just fine, but I had to covert the mp4 to something XP would recognize. You can choose avi or wmv files.

It did just fine, but I had to covert the mp4 to something XP would recognize. You can choose avi or wmv files.

Still doesn't work right. The file converts fine (.avi) and you can play it in Media Player without issue, but when you import it into Movie Maker, it stutters so bad you can't edit it....This is the issue I've always had.

Twotonevert how do you embed a video inside the post so it shows up like yours did? I use to know how but now it doesn't seem to work! TIA!

Twotonevert how do you embed a video inside the post so it shows up like yours did? I use to know how but now it doesn't seem to work! TIA!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.qFXf2wuZ06o

Go to the video you want to embed, click the "Share" button below the video and copy and paste just the video number in the link. It is what I have bolded above. Put that between the Youtube tags and you are set.

That's easy: Upload your video to youtube. Youtube will give you a full url link. You only need the video name/number. For example, here is a full link of one of my videos:

[URL="
RETErjgV4aY[/URL] (edited so the real url is viewable).

Now, the part you want is the "RETErjgV4AY". Take that and click on the youtube icon in your posting screen, and paste RETErjgV4aY" in between the youtube "{YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE'} Bars ""{YOUTUBE]RETErjgV4aY[/YOUTUBE'}" and click ok.

Hope this explains..

Back