GoPro users - Do you use a Gimbal ?

ottafish

Registered
Have decided to get myself a Gimbal mount for my GoPro clone and was wondering how many of you have a gimbal mount to the bike? (not wearable ones)
Have you got it hardwired for power or charge it up and use till it runs flat?

Any ideas, thoughts or opinions would be swell.
Cheers

Have decided to get myself a Gimbal mount for my GoPro clone and was wondering how many of you have a gimbal mount to the bike? (not wearable ones)

Cheers
How good of quality is your clone? With a Gopro 7 or 8 they advertise that a gimble is no longer necessary. Is yer video all shaky?

Yeah, mines a clone of the early GoPro's. Pics and video is good as long as it's not moving around.. Else I get a bit motion sick watching the video .. :(

Yeah, mines a clone of the early GoPro's. Pics and video is good as long as it's not moving around.. Else I get a bit motion sick watching the video .. :(

Whats a gimbal worth? A new gopro hero 7...I've seem them for $299.oo
No more shaky shaky. Good ad on the net shows the comparison to old models. Rubb.

I bought a new Hero8 Black few weeks ago. I attached on right mirror with bicycle handlebar mount. When I go more than 100 mph, the camera vibrate with 1-1,5 inch amplitude, but the recorded video is totally smooth... And the timewarp function is very spectacular.

Cheers
Careful! I have 2 gimbals and they don't work on the bike. First the vibration throws the gyros off over time. The camera goes crazy. Second the wind above 40 mph or so will blow the GoPro to the side and the gimbal can't move it. Frankly, the GoPro 8's digital stabilization is as good as most gimbals. I called EVO Gimbals and they said "Oh. Yeah those are for holding they don't work on a motorcycle". You will notice they don't have them on motorcycles on their website. Would have been nice if they would have said that up front. I also had a little hand held one and I gave it away.

quick check and it seems that GoPro from 7 upwards have stabalization.. Seems to be the way to go. Thanks gents.. A hunting I will go

quick check and it seems that GoPro from 7 upwards have stabalization.. Seems to be the way to go. Thanks gents.. A hunting I will go
Dont know if you guys down there have Costco. $299.oo for the goPro hero 7 with a mem card and some goodies. (small memcard,32Gig,about an' hour)
I researched the krap outa these to find the diff between the 7 and 8.The 8 takes a higher megapix still,2 higher than the 7 (IMHO,hardly noticible to the nakkid eye). 8 has a higher res on video capture than 7, but you will need a very modern monitor to take advantage of that. IE if yer TV is older it will play the video,just not in the higher res. 299 for the 7 here...450 for the 8.
Rubb.

Cheers
I'm anti-accessory on the bike, and the battery life on my GoPro is short: maybe an hour of recording time. So a second camera battery and a portable (RAV Power) charger was my solution. I estimate that leaves me about an hour negative, as the charge time is about 2X the record time. A third battery would solve that but I'm buying spark plugs instead this week.

I'm anti-accessory on the bike, and the battery life on my GoPro is short: maybe an hour of recording time. So a second camera battery and a portable (RAV Power) charger was my solution. I estimate that leaves me about an hour negative, as the charge time is about 2X the record time. A third battery would solve that but I'm buying spark plugs instead this week.
GoPro krap
New plugs...correct decision made. :thumbsup:
Now...Go Pro Ride....:race:
Rubb.

Can you use the GoPro while it's plugged into power? I rigged up a USB cable for my el cheapo model to power it while riding? Don't know if GoPro can do that to?

Back