Google+ The next Facebook

Nope, but it will be interesting to see where they take this. Google has had a great track record and I always joke about Google taking over the world one day.

I like that avatar, never seen that one before.

Nope, but it will be interesting to see where they take this. Google has had a great track record and I always joke about Google taking over the world one day.

I like that avatar, never seen that one before.

Google is on its way to doing just that. And to think it started as a search engine...

It is pretty scary just how big google is. but then again they said microsoft would own everything one day too.

I actually work in the social/collaborative side of things for corporations and I can tell you that all of these social outlets are becoming more and more a concern for a ton of companies. Google+ is currently the Google answer to Facebook and others but while its similar in a lot of ways its completely different in so many ways as well. They also have a parallel effort for a Google+ Business edition that will be slightly different as well.

I dont know that this will be the Facebook killer but as more and more people start moving to Android cell phones and tablets, finding the Chrome browser to be a better option to IE and all the other Google tools that are out there free now it will change the landscape. Google apps for businesses is also taking a strong foothold so once they have their business edition out, I think they will pose an even stronger threat to Facebook.

Facebook is merely an application/web site where Google has phones, search engines, advertising, applications, etc etc. At the end of the day, Google does have their hooks into far far more places than Facebook and that will ultimately help them to gain market share.

You'll know when Facebook is in trouble, they will partner with Microsoft :laugh:

I am as anti-facebook as anybody out there. Not because of the social aspect but because the founder is nothing more than a thief. That's enough to keep me away.

I've been using google+ for a few days now and I really like it. Very easy to use after you go through it once and works on my iPhone via Safari very well. iPhone app is coming soon they say.

I really like the "circle" integration. I thought that was the biggest miss every other social network has made.

One of the biggest things facebook has done is constantly updating and changin things. This is why they ran myspace into the ground. Myspace did not change or update anything. They had a good social website that didnt "NEED" fixing and when facebook started supplying everyhing myspace didnt, ppl just stopped using myspace.

I do not think google+ will completly eliminate facebook but it will definatly cause facebook to shake.

Back