Can there ever be enough Stampede threads?

no really I think I have a pretty good clue. There are 3 pages with maybe 5 on topic posts, the rest are pure post ho'ing and really I think detracts from the stampede if members are looking for threads about it.

If you are going to post ho, please do it under the gise of ho'ing and not an event. :rulez:

The event is a "ho fest" in progress...the purpose of the thread was to poke fun at "Why do we have so many Stampede threads"

Think of the possibilities people! Facebook has now been conquered, there's myspace, youtube, the Speed Channel, all the major networks, the major newspapers!

And since hookers and the like use Facebook, why not the tabloids!

Scar, has Barry Levin contacted you?
Maybe you could be out on a Top Secret mission and the TMZ crew would happen to find you?

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Page 1

Busa Stampede: "In Your FaceBook"

Perfect venue for Roger Lodge to do a couple of " Blind Date " episodes :thumbsup:

The event is a "ho fest" in progress...the purpose of the thread was to poke fun at "Why do we have so many Stampede threads"

and while thats what it is, the stampede threads are in the stampede area ... as opposed to cluttering the main forum area. If the event has 1 or 100 threads, who cares as long as they are in that section. Dont want to read them, dont go in there. This area should not be ho'd up as per the :rulez:

Honestly I think its rude and in poor taste to have started such a thread but as its basically a ho fest in progress as you say, well at least its shown for what it is, worthless :popcorn:

no really I think I have a pretty good clue. There are 3 pages with maybe 5 on topic posts, the rest are pure post ho'ing and really I think detracts from the stampede if members are looking for threads about it.

If you are going to post ho, please do it under the gise of ho'ing and not an event. :rulez:

This is my thread. I was reveling in the abundance of opportunities to promote the stampede. As that thread fell off the page, this one brought attention to it.

It doesn't take too many posts to accomplish that, people played.

A little tight in the ?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my thread. I was reveling in the abundance of opportunities to promote the stampede. As that thread fell off the page, this one brought attention to it.

It doesn't take too many posts to accomplish that, people played.

A little tight in the ?

No mine are just fine, maybe you should relocate yours from their current position :moon:

and while thats what it is, the stampede threads are in the stampede area ... as opposed to cluttering the main forum area. If the event has 1 or 100 threads, who cares as long as they are in that section. Dont want to read them, dont go in there. This area should not be ho'd up as per the :rulez:

Honestly I think its rude and in poor taste to have started such a thread but as its basically a ho fest in progress as you say, well at least its shown for what it is, worthless :popcorn:

I don't go to the individual forums, just the new posts page. I did not start this thread...and the "ho fest" is the promotion of the Stampede. Do we really need a new thread or two or three...every week about the Stampede. Why not just have two or three that are pinned and update them as needed ???

In answer to your post and the question that this thread was started about.
Yes there can be to many Stampede threads. This is a NATIONAL EVENT that the promoters are trying there darndest to promote any way they can so as to make this a viable event. When you have a reputation and finances at stake you have to get the word out any way that you possible can and do it as cheaply as possible. In this rough financial time it is even more important.
So when a thread like this is started (for fun or for real) those of us that back this event in one form or another are going to detract form it the best way we can. I personally feel that this thread was a dis on the stampede and what the promoters are trying to do for fans of this motorcycle. If you can not see through all of the BS then I am sorry. If you take offense to this thread and what is in it then feel free to pass on by. No offense is directed to you Zuke, I hope in all honesty that this post is not offensive to you. I am not digging on you, I am not flaming you, I am explaining my posts here.
I hope that you can understand and if there are questions, please feel free to pM me and we can discuss further.

In answer to your post and the question that this thread was started about.
Yes there can be to many Stampede threads. This is a NATIONAL EVENT that the promoters are trying there darndest to promote any way they can so as to make this a viable event. When you have a reputation and finances at stake you have to get the word out any way that you possible can and do it as cheaply as possible. In this rough financial time it is even more important.
So when a thread like this is started (for fun or for real) those of us that back this event in one form or another are going to detract form it the best way we can. I personally feel that this thread was a dis on the stampede and what the promoters are trying to do for fans of this motorcycle. If you can not see through all of the BS then I am sorry. If you take offense to this thread and what is in it then feel free to pass on by. No offense is directed to you Zuke, I hope in all honesty that this post is not offensive to you. I am not digging on you, I am not flaming you, I am explaining my posts here.
I hope that you can understand and if there are questions, please feel free to pM me and we can discuss further.

I think we are on the same page but by continuing to post ho in it, it keeps the thread visible and thus somewhat undermines the event on the site. If newbies read these types of things they might be discouraged from coming. Honestly, I've been an organizer of MUCH larger events and there are literally 100s of threads about it in various areas of the forum. This forum is setup differently, I think we are doing ok with number of threads and I'm definitely looking forward to the event....not so much the drive from EMA NY but the event will be great :beerchug:

Nobody is "dis'ing the stampede. We are all planning to go.
Don't be ridiculous.

I think we are on the same page but by continuing to post ho in it, it keeps the thread visible and thus somewhat undermines the event on the site. If newbies read these types of things they might be discouraged from coming. Honestly, I've been an organizer of MUCH larger events and there are literally 100s of threads about it in various areas of the forum. This forum is setup differently, I think we are doing ok with number of threads and I'm definitely looking forward to the event....not so much the drive from EMA NY but the event will be great :beerchug:

I see your point. And a valid point it is.

Facebook or the stampede?

Oooh! hey! tell Scar's publicist! think of the exposure!

Stampede of course,

Busa loving, speed freak, meets Humbolt County farmers daughter looking for a fast ride and some excitment. :rofl:

I see a 2nd date in the future already. :laugh:

Conflict and discord are likely more off-putting to newbies than humor. :whistle:

Facebook or the stampede?

Oooh! hey! tell Scar's publicist! think of the exposure!

Then I guess pokes like this are directed at Scar, the event organizer or are you just being playful ???

I am pretty much always being playful
cheerleader.gif

Back