2010 Busa Stampede Teaser (Updated: Pix!)

To bad about the weather. I'll be off with the Kath in the Land Cruiser for a week starting next weekend. Great idea, sorry I won't be there...

It will give me one more weekend to HOPEFULLY get this darn cast off my foot and Imelda back together! There has been a delay on getting the work done on her. But with another weekend I am sure hopeful!

Next week looks hopeful for me, the City Center opens on Wednesday so maybe we will be caught up enough to take a weekend off for a change.. Haven't had a day off in 3 weeks, for me that isn't good cause I enjoy my personal time with the family, friends and of course the Busa!!!

Well, all ya'llz...

I just checked the 10-day extended forecast for San Diego...looks at this writing to be approximately 68F, partly cloudy.

I'll monitor it each day and keep you apprised. You can start planning to be in attendance early Saturday morning for the rider's meeting and some great fun!

:beerchug:

:cheerleader:

Use the words on her that they use on us.........."If you love me, we can go the next day" lol......just do it.

I know right...naww...Ill just put my foot down and say we're going tomorrow, to which then she will reply...ok, perfect, bye, ill call you when i get there....be safe on the drive there..:rofl:

I know right...naww...Ill just put my foot down and say we're going tomorrow, to which then she will reply...ok, perfect, bye, ill call you when i get there....be safe on the drive there..:rofl:

Sounds like you've got it all planned out then, Carlos. :laugh:

See you Saturday! :beerchug:

OFFICIAL RESTATEMENT OF PLANS​

So, we're meeting at Big City Bagels at 1010 University (102) in Hillcrest at 7am on Saturday. Andrew Schweizer is the Director, and he will be giving the briefing.

We're monitoring Chatterbox Channel 5/21.

We'll start out by doing a couple of runs on CA-163 through Balboa Park...then head out to Sunrise Highway, where the bulk of the filming will be accomplished.

After that, we're headed into Julian for Pie, then the final shots will be set up and recorded on Wynola Road.

If anyone has any questions or needs something in particular (besides you, Ron :laugh:) please PM me for my cell# if you don't already have it.

Look forward to seeing you hoons there on Saturday morning... :beerchug:

Anyone wanting to meet me at the Engine Room (my garage) please do so by 6:30; as I'm departing at 6:45 to get me an "Everything Bagel" with cream cheese, sliced tomato, served open-faced, lightly salt&peppered.

Mmmm...

Also, please wear your best full-gear...and dress warm; it'll more than likely be chilly up on Sunrise Highway.

:beerchug:

I am sad to say I will not be there, as i'll be riding through Oregon by the time you guys leave on my way to seattle. Really wanted to make it, but the rescheduling screwed plans up for me and I have to leave on Friday in order to make it in time for plans. Have fun ya hoons

I am sad to say I will not be there, as i'll be riding through Oregon by the time you guys leave on my way to seattle. Really wanted to make it, but the rescheduling screwed plans up for me and I have to leave on Friday in order to make it in time for plans. Have fun ya hoons

Sorry, Carlos. Next year, for sure! :beerchug:

So I'm on my way on my 1200 mile trek. I'm at the grapevine right now in a rest stop, ill be riding gor 6 more hours and stopping in sacramento for a few hours sleep, thank god for heated gear! I'm nice warm except lil windy. Hope yall have fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, folks. The day has arrived.

The weather is supposed to be phenomenal...people are coming to San Diego from afar to participate in this now-annual pre-event event.

Looking forward to seeing all the hoons gathered for a ride, a slice of pie, and some good holiday cheer.

Gear up, start your engines...see you here! :beerchug:

At Mcdonald's in Solana Beach right now. (Mom's doing a little better, says the antibiotics make her feel goofy).

THAT WAS AWESOME GUYS!
Post up again when I get home.

TDRcomm is a real hound dog. This guy could find us when we were practically hiding waiting to get the next shot. We are on a side road, not even close to a main freeway entrance, and who comes riding up like it was ther official meeting spot, but Tom. Unbelievable! Way to go sniff us out brother. Hope your mom feels better. Nice to meet you and see you next time. Later
Lamb

It was sure a great day for hoonin it up out there. :laugh: Great day of riding. Nice to see familiar faces and some new ones too! More hoonin it up tomorrow!:thumbsup:

What a day!

I gotta tell you...we had three 'stationary' video cameras rolling and Adam's 'go-pro' onboard my 06LE.

Some truly amazing and useable footage was captured.

A million thanks to Lamb, BigFisch (Derrick), Aussiekeeper (Ron), Klatu848 (Ken), TDRcomm (Tom), and to Adam (for riding "Pegasus") and additional recording, and to Greg (CBR1000RR) for coming and tolerating all the 'busa lovin'.

I can't wait to share all the great stuff we got today... :beerchug:

Here are some pix from today's outing...

Wasabi & Pegasus before the ride...Adam getting ready for his first outing on a 'bus...and me with my 'kids'...:laugh:

Good Morning!.jpg

Good Morning2.jpg

Adam d'Hoon Preps.jpg

Sunrise at the Engine Room.jpg

Scar, Wasabi & Peg2.jpg

Back