Good times with Roadlok and friends

Gpmo

Registered
Well i picked up my Buell pegs today and got home in time to have Deal and a couple other friends show up and help install. We managed to get it all together adjusted the levers. Then Deal and i moded our stock kickstands a bit. After that off for a ride.

We made it down to the gas station to fill up and get some drinks, our other buddy on his Kawi runs into the store to buy his drinks and leaves the keys in his bike with the lights on, so obviously while he wasn't watching one of us had to move his bike to the other side of the building. :) While its kind of rude to do, this isn't the first time he has left his keys in the bike and we keep warning him its gonna be gone. We all had a good laugh and got on the way.

After riding out of town jammin it down the hwy towards Larime Wyoming. This route takes us up into some canyons with wide wide roads and an annoying 65mph speed limit. About twenty mins in i look down and the gas gauge is well not good. I didn't fill up. :whistle: We stop at a rest stop right inside Wyoming and chatted a bit while our smoker got some cigs in and gatorade.

Well while standing around i managed to slip my Roadlok pin into Deals roadlok while he wasn't looking, We all watched as he couldn't figure out why his bike wouldn't roll around in neutral. (keeping a carefull eye he didn't try jammin the throttle mind you) Before he got too frustrated and started either getting rough or mad i let him in on the joke.

We had one truck try and take out Deal on the way back into town so we all just got to the side and let the cager pass on by and do his thing. After making it into town we stop at the gas station for me to fill up, well the smoker runs in to buy a smoke..??? whats this he leaves his key in the ignition just after moving the Kawi.. so his key gets pocketed and we bs for awhile and wait till the station closes up for the evening. After a bit all the employees leave and we start to putting on the helmets to take off and watch as he stares through the store windows looking for his keys. After a few minutes of his stressing his key gets put back in the ignition while his back is turned and he discovers it there :whistle: Good laugh out of this and down the road we go.

Normally we don't do these things but it was one of those nights. Good times with good friends and i have pics somewhere and will get them loaded. Buell pegs rock i'm super happy with this mod. We only managed about 100 miles but it was 74˚ and good friends in some beautiful country.

P.S. incase of any " if someone touched my bike i would blah blah blah blah." We are all very old friends, multiple decades in some cases. It was in good fun and nothing that would be unacceptable in our group of friends.

:laugh::laugh:

My riding buddy and I have done thousands and thousands of miles together, it wouldn't be nearly as much fun without the joke and games. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have been sitting at a light / stop sign go to pull away and watch him bump the "kill" switch and roll off laughing....

:beerchug: thanks for sharing!

LOL. Pic I snapped last night.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307114701.372716.jpg

Man, that was funny stuff, but I definitely had an "oh, crap" moment in my head. Had the bike for just. Couple weeks, about a thousand miles, and I get on, raise the kickstand, engage the clutch, and....the bike won't roll. For a second there I thought for sure something had just broken and I was in big trouble! Then Gpmo just about falls off his bike laughing.... Good times :)

Back