Good picture of 2008 white busa!!!

does anyone know if the 08 plastics will fit older models??
wow.gif

(Cookie @ Jul. 03 2007,22:03)This look really does explain the whole vision, doesn't it?

post-6-05555-hayabusawhite2008.jpg

Sweeping angles down both front and back.

I WOULD BET MONEY[/U] that cutting that tail would screw up the 'aero' numbers the way they have them.
From what I recall in Kevin Cameron's article about modern motorcycle aerodynamics in Cycle World some time ago, nothing behind the rider's back affects the aero numbers.

I think it's because, as he put it, the best shape is something like a teardrop turned sideways, and you need the long, smooth tail to stop the swirling effect (can't think of the term), which causes drag. So big hump, little hump, no hump, or milk crate--it won't make any noticeable difference in the coefficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to get in a big pissing match but that isn't true. Without getting all technical the BUSA would loose a lot in the AERO (around 2-5 MPH or more) from it's top speed if you took the tail completely off.

There is a point where no matter what you do, it won't reduce drag or improve Cd but we need everything we can get on a motorcycle.
beerchug.gif

Just damned sweet.

Love it in White...better than any of the other color offerings.

Hope they do the LE version that way. Can't wait to go run my fingers over those 'updates'.

Molto Grazie, Suzuki. Well done.

Back