Good mods for the money?

Unless your doing land speed racing what are ya concerned about top end for? You never use all that power on the street. Making the gear change will move the power down closer to the bottom where you can use it . By doing that ,that thing will take off like a rocket. I run 16/47 gearing and there aint nothing ive seen (on the street)that can take it off the line. and yes you will need a speedo healer . I have one on my 08 and it really easy to change the settings to compensate for gear changes.

So what would the sprocket change, ie -1, +2 or +3 do to the top end? Also, would you then need a Speedohealer too?

I suppose the -1 front sprocket hurt the top end but like stated above I don't care about top end. It really helped the off the line performance but I still believe the engine needs to breath better and be properly tuned. I'm looking for SOTP performance as well as improved times when I go the drag strip a couple times a year. And yes, I do have to put a speedohealer on it this winter.

My point was your parts list should be under 1500.00 and a tune and install..no more than $600.00. So there is about 400.00 there you could do something else with. Good luck. :beerchug:

and with that extra $400, you could buy new rearsets, Nitrous, velocity stacks, or some fuel system upgrades!!!:thumbsup:

Already went down -1 on the front sprocket when they needed replaced along with the chain. Did notice a nice difference but the bike still feels "lazy" in the mid-range to me. Here is the web site for Southwest Superbikes:

SOUTHWEST SUPERBIKES Dallas, TX

What I liked about them, other than their professionalism and knowledge of the Hayabusas, was the fact that I could drop the bike off and pick it up two weeks later turn-key. Exhaust installed, power commander, factory timing retard eliminated, air box mod completed, fresh fluids and filters, and dyno tuned. Just wondering how much difference I'll notice in the bike's performance.
Have them stick a 42 tooth rear sprocket on combined with everything else, and you'll notice a huge sotp difference. The bike will pull like a rocket, it'll feel way lighter and more flickable, and with the tre it'll still do an honest 180mph at the redline..........in other words you'll be very happy with the money spent. I did the same exact mods on my 04 and it became a whole new machine :thumbsup: I'd do it over again in a heartbeat :beerchug:

Personnaly I would not leave my bike with them or spend any money there. I'm a local here in Dallas.

Thanks for the input. After doing some research on the forum I've decided to do all the work myself. $1,300 labor is looking more ridiculous for installing an exhaust, power commander, air shifter, and a tune. That is me providing all the parts! I'm going to get most of my stuff from Brock's, do all the work in my garage, use their initial tune that comes with the exhaust, and then have Johnny Cheese do a final tune later.

I'm about to do the R6 throttle mod... Most people on here like the R1 throttle... You should check into that as well.

Simplified... you change out the tube in your right handle which is connected to the throttle cable. The new one gets you to WOT faster by tighter wrist throws. The R1 is a tighter pull, and the R6 is even tighter, the reason being is that those bikes are more about higher RPM power.

BTW, the tube only costs about $12-$15.00 shipped.

make it quicker with a v-tech sticker, it's been working for the honda guys alot
Makes ya wonder if you go onto a Honda forum if there's a post saying something like "Slap on some Kanji stickers, seems to work out for them Busa guys alot..."

power commander with aftermarket mufflers??

change the end-cans only instead of the full system. There isn't much difference in performance at all. The largest difference is price.

I'm about to do the R6 throttle mod... Most people on here like the R1 throttle... You should check into that as well.

Simplified... you change out the tube in your right handle which is connected to the throttle cable. The new one gets you to WOT faster by tighter wrist throws. The R1 is a tighter pull, and the R6 is even tighter, the reason being is that those bikes are more about higher RPM power.

BTW, the tube only costs about $12-$15.00 shipped.

What he said! I did the R1 throttle mod on my 02 1k and my 99 busa. It's a 1/4 turn throttle after that. I have 16/45 on mine and it romps outta the hole, a lil dry kit and that top end isint so much of an issue! THese guys are deffinitely steering you straight. Heck, if you were closer I'd say bring it over and we could have it done in 1 saturday. This stuffs easy and fun too, especially the test rides :laugh:

Oh, got you. I'll give you a call and can check on the parts with you. Thanks! Regarding the chain and sprockets I've already replaced those. Sorry; forgot to mention that. Went with a high quality aftermarket set going down one in the front and keeping the rear the same. That helped acceleration but the bike still feels "sluggish" in the mid-range.

Are you getting used to the midrange performance or is has it deteriorated over time if it has deteriorated then you need to make repairs or tune up, If you are used to the power then by all means go with performance products. I just didn't want you to spend money on performance parts if there is an underlying problem.

Back