Suggested Mods for newbie

BusaDudeBrazil

Registered
Hi all,

I am the prowd owner of a 06 busa (the 06's are sold as new down here in Brazil - mine is the red/black 06 and it is 07 for us).

Now here are the mods i have made so far:

1 - Two Bros M5 CF Slip on's (They sound incredible and clear traffic in the streets...)
2 - PCIII USB
3 - GiPRO w/ ATRE
4 - Illumiglo gauges
5 - K&N Air Filter

Aside from the one aesthetics mod i have done (gauges) i am researching as to find out whether it is worth doing the small airbox mod, can you guys advise on cons/pros? I don't want to loose low end torque as i ride to work everyday and it is a combo of street/road, don't want to loose any agility on street (even if it is not noticeable, my mind feels it...)

Now i am sure i will get a lot of "go for a full exhaust system" and that is unarguably the most result producing mod at this point, besides being what is probably keeping my bike from making the numbers it could, but i have spent a lot on these Two Bro's slip ons and really love the way two exhausts look and specially the carbon fiber two bro's i have, so no full system for now.

I have loaded the PCIII with a map from powercommander.com and it made a lot of difference in the way the bike behaves (feels a lot more responsive) and this map claims to be suitable for the K&N or stock filter plus two bros 4x2 system (not slip ons, full system).

Should i not use it since i only have slip ons and not the full two bros 4x2 system?

Would then anybody have a custom map that would be more suitable for the combo of two bros slip ons + k&N?

And what would be the next mod besides the small airbox and full 4x1 exhaust system you guys would do?

BTW it is awesome to own a bike that so many people love and support on this board.

There is she before the slip-ons... will shoot new with the slip-ons for upload later tonight!

busa_1.JPG

Best mod for the money is go up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket. (from 40-42) lose a little top end, but it just feels so much better. I'm going to move to a 16 tooth front soon just to check it out, but might be to agressive for me seeing as i don't drag. but made a huge difference.

Also if your into twisties add a +1" rear dog bone. that also made a very noticable difference.

The stickers are gone.... LOL - This pic is from the day i got it from the dealership.

How does it feel changing the rear sprocket teeth? What is the practical effect with more and less teeth?

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>RoadLoK!!!!!</span></span>

eh BusaDudeBrazil, welcome to the mod madness.
all_coholic.gif
I remember making that same list before I'd even bought the busa.
biggrin.gif

I've done a thing or two to mine:

Actually, my favorite mods are switching out my rims for a set of stock TL1000 rims (yes, they are a match) that were silver getting rid of the dark stock rims. Plus I think the Bagster Tank Bra is the one other appearance mod (& matching Tobin) that really blinged out the bike.

The Galfer braided brake lines were the epiphany item. Couldn't believe the difference in braking. Whole different bike!
beerchug.gif

So after doing a lot of research in this board, seeing some controversial evidence on performance mods that i had to find out the truth by empirical evidence (got a GiPRO w/ ATRE and tested) and hearing you guys on this thread, here goes what i am considering now. Please advise!

1 - Up two teeth in the rear sprocket - though i am still giviing it a second thought because the first and second gear wheelies came easy after freeing up the exhaust with slip-ons, and they scare the **** out of me because i am still not confortable pulling power wheelies voluntarily and controlling them (another empirical evidence i saw for myself are slip-ons... according to the research i made it wouldnt make that much of a difference compared to a full 4x1 system but it definitely changed the way the bike breathes and combined with the K&N air filter i put in the same day, which is another controversial mod, the bike started to freaking wheelie whenefver i crack the throttle opened, no power commander yet - just mapped FI slightly for more fuel due to more air intake). Anybody care to explain this?

2 - HID or Xenon - I have to use hi-beam all the time on the road. the stock lights are weak compared to that of my previous bike (a GSXR 1100W)

3 - A custom map for this config i currently have (no dyno tuners down here in Brazil..can't find a dynamometer around and i have to rely in the so-called experts that do it by ear and can't prove with numbers... with that in mind i will just test a custom map until i feel it is pulling the best). Would anybody be kind enough to hook me up with a good custom map suitable for a Two Bros CF slip-on, K&N filter and 5th gear ignition mapping all the time? (cheeseman states there a good tunning can do the same as a TRE but honestly i won't find anybody like that around here so ATRE does it for me...)

I really appreciate you guys being so nice and responsive to this thread! It sucks not to have a dyno around where i can just easily find out how the bike responds to each mod, specially because our fuel sucks and differs from every gas station to the extent the bike feels like **** when you change the place where you pump gas.

Back