Mod Suggestions.

ashiszen

Registered
I am new to the busa and I was curious about what mods I should look for. I'm 6'5" , 235 lbs and size 14 shoes. I want to be comfortable when I'm out riding, be it a 3 hour trek across the state or a quick run to work. Right now the only mods I have done are a gel seat and a Two Bros slip on. I mainly use the busa for a commuter and taking long rides. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

:welcome:

get some risers and adjustable rear sets. I dont have either so somone else can give you the best brand and place to buy:beerchug:

Riser and Helibar, Buell pegs or new rearset, bigger shield

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

:laugh: Then call me. :laugh:

Size 14 huh?

Actually, yesterday I had a conversation about an adjustable shift lever. Move in and out. My question at the time was why would anyone need something like that (oddly enough, I tossed the stock ones on mine, went with folding shift and brake levers). Not cheap, run you $98 for each side.

Does your foot fit in there?

[QUOTE Does your foot fit in there?[/QUOTE]

Barely when i got the Sidi's on, but ok in sneakers.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and info.

So far for my list of need to buy I got; Helibar and riser kit from Helibar, Zero Gravity Double Bubble screen, and possibly Buell pegs.

Would it be better to get the peg kit and just be done with it? Or just buy the pegs and do the grinding myself?

After more research I cannot decided between the Vortex rearset and the peg mod. I guess the deciding factor will be which offers a more comfortable ride. I'd be interested to hear from people that have tried both.

I think my wife is about to kill me, with all the money i've been spending on the busa lately.

I think my wife is about to kill me, with all the money i've been spending on the busa lately.

Now that's funny. :lol: Reason why we joke about this so much here is there is no end to it.

The Buell Peg Mod is a matter of preference. It will drop you down an 1" but also makes the bike feel a bit different (at least for me when I had them on). I went back to aftermarket pegs (I have Oberon- I hated the look of the paperweight stock pegs).

Vortex Rearsets are actually quite popular, but I send more of them to Europe, I've no idea why. You have a lot of options when it somes to rearsets. Run you $250-$500 for a set depending on brand.

Sent these out a couple days ago.

800_Img_4896.jpg

800_Img_4900.jpg

Img_4899_800.jpg

Buy now is here for the Vortex.

800_Img_4896.jpg

800_Img_4900.jpg

Img_4899_800.jpg

Ty for the info. I'm leaning more towards a rearset, since it look like I can put an extension on the shifter to fit my size 14's in there better.

Im dyin for Gilles but can't ever see myself ponyin up that kinda chedda
Posted via Mobile Device

Back