New to me 2006 Hayabusa. Must have first mods?

1300RK6

Registered
And with all due respect, I'm not talking about a TRE or Power Commander. I'm thinking more along the lines of better brakes for commuting, better grips, windscreen suggestions; those sorts of things. I will be using this bike mainly as a commuter but with some typical group rides through the twisties.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Look in the forum section under Mods it will show you all the different 1's done and the feedback from busa riders who have done them. Then you can decide what you want and what's within your budget. There is several threads that cover braking upgrades and improvements, mods 4 touring, and commuting as well

The first two mods I have to do (first day) are the kickstand and trunk. For a grand total of nine dollars.

So, is your bike 100% stock?

What mods are on it now? That will keep up from telling you about something you already have.

Set up your suspension for your weight/intended use. Buy proper gear if you have not yet done so.

Performance:

1. upgrade or modify the front forks. They are terrible stock.
2. buy a used gen2 rear shock, it's got the proper spring on it for most rider's weights.

Comfort:

3. Get the MRA windshield. It's adjustable and amazing.
4. Saddlemen tech seat is one of the most comfortable available for this bike (gel + memory foam). I previously had the Corbin and hated it.
5. Helibars make the riding position more comfortable.

1. Seat that fits your butt, I chose corbin
2. Heli bars
3. MRA vario windshield, it's the only one that I have found that doesn't buffet at some point. (Prior to it I have run every thing from stock to the ZG touring.)
4. Correct spring rate in the forks
5. HID's in the stock housings and clearwater lights on the forks.

if you want to try a corbin seat, I need to sell mine =)

I didn't like the corbin because it was concave, so I can't adjust my weight around much, and when I put my feet down on the ground, the raised edge annoyed me because it pushed into the back of my thigh.

Thanks for all the advice! My bike is mechanically stock, only cosmetic modifications at this time. I can't believe I left that out of my OP. Lol

I'm keeping all of these suggestions in mind and looking into them. Just remember that I don't want to completely strip the 'Busa of it's sportiness by converting it to a strictly touring bike.

uhhh

I have the mods described. Look like a touring bike to you?

iUELqsy.jpg

The "must have" mods on a Busa for me are...

1... Decent rad and oil cooler guards.
Mine take a real beating chasing mates even on decent roads and I wrecked
a rad on the one bike I never got around to doing.
Even at the drags in summer the temp is never a drama despite what I was told.

2... double bubble screens. A little better protection at silly speeds and if you ride
with your weight forward up against the tank the stock screen can mask the top
of the dash out.

3... a 190/55 rear tyre at the first tyre change.
I find the slight difference in height and profile suits me and the bike.

My old two...

image.jpg
upload a gif

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply anything. I was just stating that I don't want to turn my 'Busa into a touring bike.

Nice looking bike BTW!

haha. I was being sarcastic =) The mods mentioned here won't do anything but make the bike a bit more comfortable.

Thanks for all the advice! My bike is mechanically stock, only cosmetic modifications at this time. I can't believe I left that out of my OP. Lol

I'm keeping all of these suggestions in mind and looking into them. Just remember that I don't want to completely strip the 'Busa of it's sportiness by converting it to a strictly touring bike.

Cosmetic then...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pashnit/sets/72157628753516531/

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/pashnitbusa-com/146457-modding-new-pashnit-busa.html

7499211720_09b75535e3_b.jpg

6650107177_2e60c5643e_b.jpg

6911247041_fdee049769_b.jpg

You said grips...
7506156864_db9f927e8f_b.jpg

Comfy seat for commuting...
7037905071_72cc5fde82_b.jpg

the best daily combo i have found that works for me is, im on stock gearing with a ECU flash. its very smooth and responsive. as for brakes, i use stock front with ebc HH pads, rear glafer rotor with ebc HH pads, and stainless lines. very smooth and better braking then stock without going crazy expensive

Back