Anyone have a mapp for Airbox mod

ralnsplder

Registered
Anyone know who i should set up my bike. It is a 04 stock busa with just a pc installed, I want to do the airbox mod, but do not know all that much about tuning for the airbox mod. I will be doing th full mod not the small one. Any help woth this will greatly be appreciated. Just bought a new 04 ford F-150 for about $35000 so won't be putting much into the busa until after Xmas. Just wanted to atleast get the airbox mod done. I managed to slip the PC in befor we bought the truck.

if you just have the pc and that is it here is the map for the stock. i recommend getting at least a slip-on system before you do anything. also take a look at the kickstand mod.

If you do the full box mod on a stock motored bike its going to run like sh!t. I would just do the small box mod. Go here and follow these instructions

If you do the full box mod on a stock motored bike its going to run like sh!t. I would just do the small box mod. Go here and follow these instructions
Ok 2 questions.

Isn't that mod you sent the link for the full mod? I thought that the small mod was just removing the flapper, not the entire box that the flapper is in.

Next question, why would it run like crap with just a full mod if you had the proper mapp to adjust the fuel to match the new air ratio? Would this be just to much air getting pshed out the rear for a stock can to handle?

Thanks again for your help

Ok 2 questions.

Isn't that mod you sent the link for the full mod? I thought that the small mod was just removing the flapper, not the entire box that the flapper is in.

Next question, why would it run like crap with just a full mod if you had the proper mapp to adjust the fuel to match the new air ratio? Would this be just to much air getting pshed out the rear for a stock can to handle?

Thanks again for your help
The full box mod requires that you cut more of the air box out and you can't use the stock type of filter (k&N,BMC,OEM) with a full box mod, most just use an air box lid. Most people just do the small box mod like the link I posted on thier bikes unless they have 1397's or bigger, I think it has something to do with velocity of the air with the full box mod thats not best for a mostly stock bike. I just did the mod thats in the link when I installed my BDE Gen3, PCIIIR, and pair block offs so if you have any questions about it let me know.

Back