done small box mod but have a ?

RMS2005

Registered
Ok I have a full system to be here monday and was bored today and done the small box mod, well now everyone wants to go ride tomorrow, will this hurt the bike to ride it stock exept for the small box mod?

In my limited understanding, the box mod will give you more air in the system (as will the full exhaust when you put it on)
More air with the same amount of gas means it may run lean, and that is bad.
Less air with the same gas would be rich, and that would be somewhat better.
If it were me I would not chance it for 1 day. - Just me.
I would take my old exhaust off and get ready for Monday and then would have it up that much faster.
I assume you have a Power Commander and map or equivalent? which you could also install tomorrow.
It may not even run right with the box mod anyway.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Yes it already has the pc on it. If I load the generic map from pc website for the akra full system will that be good enough to ride it to the shop to tune which is about 20 miles away. Got my lil trailer loaned out so its about my only option. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

pm me a email address and ill send you an akro map that made good numbers on my bike

it wont go lean the bikes ecu reads the amount of air and the temp of the air in the airbox, if theres more air the bikes ecu adds more fuel...wont go lean dont worrie about it, this is how the cheap nitrouse systems trick the ecu tino adding more fuel...they blow the cold dense nitrouse past the 2 sensors in the air box and the ecu then adds more fuel

K fellas, thanks for the info and, goodluck thanks for the help on the map, seems to run great like that but its goin to the shop to let him sniff the exhaust to see how close our bikes are lol.

What Gen bike are we talking about ? From what i here the Gen 2 has no need for a mod as the Gen1 did

Back