Good deal ? im buying a Busa

g00nie69

Registered
hey jus trying to get some opinions on if this is a good deal! ok its a 2001 hayabusa with 5,000 miles brand new rear tire,brakes,top gun undertail, chrome lowering triple tree,dog bones, full 4into 1 yosh carbon pipe, power comander,3 up vortec sprocket in the back, swingarm extenstions, and it comes with all the stock parts ! the only bad thing is it fell ove rin the garage and has some scratches on the side not to bad but needs paint id say........ hes asking 7500 should i or shouldnt i . oh and it dynoed at 153.2rwhp.....

let me know thanks !

I am incredibly picky when it comes to buying a used bike. If it were me, I would stay away from a bike that has that many mods done to it, not considering the damage.

I am incredibly stupid when it comes to mechanics so thats why I typically buy new or if not new, prefer the bike to be bone stock. Other guys on this board will be able to provide better info for you but I figured I would offer up my opinion.

I'd say 7500 is a bit high. I find it interesting that someone would put swingarm extensions on a bike, and then put a larger rear sprocket on, which in effect pulls the rear wheel back in a bit, rather than go down a tooth in the front.

well i was going to offer him 7,000. theres another guy in VA selling an 01 with 3600miles and a 6 inc extended swing arm and chrome wheels also yosh full pipe, but he wants 8500 and its a 10 hr drive ! i think thats a little high ?

Use that $$ as a down payment on a new Busa. Simply put, you can't put a price on peace of mind.

As far as the mileage, disconnecting the speedometer ain't THAT hard to do (hint, hint).

It needs a bad tune if you only are getting 153hp with those mods. Price is not bad if you like the color and everything. Scratches are another thing. 5,000 miles should not have much for scratches, did it go down?

agree with ninjaeater, 153 is low, unless it was dynoed at 10,000ft elevation. buy a new one for 2 grand more!

red05, swingarm extensions bring the rear out a minimum of 4", and a 43t rear sprocket wont bring the rear in anymore than 1/2"... so not sure what your sayin there. although that is an indication that maybe the bike was dragraced. or the guy couldnt control his wheelies.

I would be willing to bet it was raced and if so you had better do a good ride check on the bike to make sure there are not other issues with it as well.

If you have 7-8k to drop on a used bike you are much better off buying new. I went and looked at three used busa's and never got that warm fuzzy feeling. I would drop that cash on a new or leftover from a dealership. I know there is a black/purple at the powersports in CT that just got traded in by a guy who buys a new busa every year... It only has around 4500m on it. they say it is in excellent condition... Don't know how far you are from there. and still has the extended warranty I think.

I suggest you go for a new bike!! There is no substitute to buying a spanking new set of wheels
biggrin.gif

I bought mine used and can't even tell the difference from it and a new one. Rides like a new one also. There was a guy locally here that was selling his '05 'Busa for $8,800. Low price, but it had to go quick do to his finances. He was asking $9,500 in the beginning but when he dropped the price it sold right away.

well i dont have 8 grand cash i got a approved for a loan so ive only got 2500 cash i can put down. i also live in FLA bike seem to be alot more down here . they want ne where from 11-12999 for a new one with out tax and everything, i was only looking to spend 8-9

hey guys i decided to get a newer one i found a 2005 limited edition for 9200 with 1,100miles with only exhaust on it clean bike. going to get it tomorrow!

Back