Going Next Wednesday To Pick Up My First Busa!

andrewb1369n

Registered
First things first my names Andrew im fairly new to the Org. but Ive been lurking and drooling :drool: at the pics of everyones bikes for quite awhile. I've been looking for months for bikes and finally found a smoking deal on an 03 LE Copper Colored one with 8600 miles. owned by older guys very well maintained with all stock parts that were taken off and front and rear bike stands for $5k. I want to go today and pick the damn thing up but I have to wait until next wednesday. Guy said he'll hold it til then :please: ill make sure to post pics ASAP because I know that :worthless:

:welcome: and Congrats! :thumbsup: sounds like a good deal!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thanks man, yeah it does seem like a screamin deal. The guys getting into a new house so thats why hes selling it (works for me). But this waiting thing is making me feel like the kids on the Disneyland commercials that cant sleep haha

Congratulations and great find on a beautiful color scheme! I'm sure the anticipation of waiting is tearing you up!!
Only 8600 miles, wow! My 09 just turned 12700. Ketchup!:laugh:

Here are the pics from the ad just so i didn't have you all waiting til wednesday :laugh: The top one is the most recent pics after he powdercoated some parts and added some parts :thumbsup:

173.jpg

007-1.jpg

DSC00024-1.jpg

Welcome to the ORG, Andrew. My hats off to you for being able to wait till WED to get the bike :bowdown:
(P.S. The owner better keep his word that he will hold the bike for you...heard so many stories about sellers backing out of deals because a local/another buyer showed up sooner with more $$$)

Thanks guys for all the feedback I'm stoked its a very nice bike for a good price. I think hell hold his word hes an older guy and seems very legit and I told him I just bought a bunch of gear so he knows I'm serious. I've been bugging him ever day letting him know what's going on all a guy can do is :please: haha

:welcome: to the org man..

1st thing you need to do is remorgage your house to pay for all hte mods you will soon be doing.
2nd thing is this your first bike?
3rd if #2 is a yes, we all ask you be careful. This bike is not a matchbox toy. If you respect it and learn it properly its a great bike even for beginners (some may argue), but dont ever take the power for granted cause it will sneak up on you at a twist of the wrist and can put you in some deep trouble quick.

and last ENJOY the best bike ever build. You wont regret it.

p.s. GORGOUS COLOR.

:welcome: to the org man..

1st thing you need to do is remorgage your house to pay for all hte mods you will soon be doing.
2nd thing is this your first bike?
3rd if #2 is a yes, we all ask you be careful. This bike is not a matchbox toy. If you respect it and learn it properly its a great bike even for beginners (some may argue), but dont ever take the power for granted cause it will sneak up on you at a twist of the wrist and can put you in some deep trouble quick.

and last ENJOY the best bike ever build. You wont regret it.

p.s. GORGOUS COLOR.

Thanks a bunch for the advice. This is my first street bike and I know this is a huuuge debate but i believe in learning on the machine you want is the way to do it. You have no preconcieved thoughts about how it should handle. I'm 22 with a 45 year old maturity level and I work for the sheriffs office where I live so trouble is not an option for me even though it will be tempting. I have a very high respect for this bike and ive taken the safety course and ridden dirt my entire
Ife which I feel is a good base but I know sstreet is completely different. I'm open to all the advice I can get though.

Back