Picking up my New Busa today!

C-Dog

Formerly cuderdog
Registered
Hi All,
Picking Up my New 2011 Busa Today. Looking forward to learning Lots here. I've been riding a Katana 600 for Ten years (My first bike)
Any words of Wisdom will be appreciated. (and yes I plan to be in C Mode for a while!)

:welcome: and Congrats on the new scoot :thumbsup:
Words of wisdom? Post pics ASAP

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I remember my new 2011. That was 3 months ago.. I was so excited so I feel your excitement from here. Enjoy! C-mode is there such a thing?:whistle:

:welcome: to the madness...
Ok heres some advice
1) Remorgage your house to pay for mods
2) Take things slow. Even in C-mode the bike has a bite to it.
3) The bike is ALLOT heavier then your katana so practice around a parking lot may be a good start.
4) HOLD ON
5) Enjoy the best motorcycle ever built.

I came from a CBR600rr and this was a HUGE step up but not an impossible one. Just dont get greedy wit the power until you comfortable with the bike and you'll be fine.

GOOD LUCK MY FELLOW RIDER. You will not regret your decision.

Welcome to the oRg and good luck. If you have been riding for 10 years, you should be ok. Only words of wisdom I can share is this:

Speed on this bike is very deceptive. I have owned katana 600's and 750's. This bike will idle at speeds you are screaming at on the katana. Take your time and learn the bike, its characteristics, its weight, and the feeling at speed.

Welcome to the oRg and good luck. If you have been riding for 10 years, you should be ok. Only words of wisdom I can share is this:

Speed on this bike is very deceptive. I have owned katana 600's and 750's. This bike will idle at speeds you are screaming at on the katana. Take your time and learn the bike, its characteristics, its weight, and the feeling at speed.

Congratulations! In addition to all of the good points above... learn to brake, learn to break quickly and safely. Love her and treat her with the utmost respect.
Post pictures.

You did say you are getting the faster of the color choices...???

Congrats! I picked mine up in the pouring rain. Never rode such a powerful bike. I said the same thing about C-mode. I thought I was riding home in it until I got home and read the manual. I was in A-mode, but the bike was so well behaved I never used the mode selector again.

Coming from a fairly light Katana to a fairly heavy Hayabusa.... I recommend frame sliders as your first mod.

Seriously.

There is no bigger bummer than the scratches produced on a brand new bike from a 0-mph, parking lot tip-over.... :banghead:

Back