GIpro

Hello, I bought a GIpro w/ATRE to track gear of my bike, but the think is that i was reading the box where it came and it says (Do not activate this function on public roads) What this is mean? Because i just want to use it all of time for street use no to race so anybody can tell me if i can use it everytime. Thank you

Like the pusher said, it is just a discalimer in referance to the TRE abilities of the unit that is supposed to allow you to exceed what has been limited at the factory.

I have one and i still only GPS'd my biike at 179. and then was with about a 4 mile stretch of road wide open

You read the warning labels on the box? Damn, I thought they were just use to fill up space!! LOL Just kidding--I got one ----use it all the time and enjoy!!!

That's like "For off-road use only". Yeah whatever!
super.gif

the gi pro is better in the fact it shows instant gear changes
it has a built in tre
the acumen is better in size. but lags on gear changes
both come in blue or red display
gi pro is instant no programing
acumen has to be programed.
advanatge goes to gi pro. if the gipro was the same size as the acumen then it would have all the postives.

I can also tell you this. if you shift from on to off it'll suck a tank of gas down in no time.
wow.gif
i did it once and so did ncpanther. just turn it on and leave it alone

I just installed mine the other day and it makes a huge difference. All my low speed shuttering is gone. Overall everything is more smooth. I set mine to the 5th gear map and left it there. Works great.

HayabusaPuertoRico
I have the GIPro also, love the device. If I'm not mistaken, I think what you are asking is or they are referring to is Don't operate (turn on/off) while riding the bike especially on a public road. Best to make your adjust while bike is standing still/idling in neutral. But like the Busa community said leave it on all the time. Me, when I ride with my girl I turn it off but when the fellas get together it's burn out time and I turn it on, 5th gear mapping for me.

beerchug.gif

(rockadaous @ Apr. 21 2007,05:07) I can also tell you this.  if you shift from on to off it'll suck a tank of gas down in no time.  
wow.gif
  i did it once and so did ncpanther.  just turn it on and leave it alone
Please elaborate.  I typically leave it in off mode and simply utilize the GI option unless I'm going to be doing some very high speed runs.  I have NOT noticed my bike going through gas any faster than before.

I'll also turn it on if the wife is on the back because it does slightly help in gear transition down low. It seems to run a hair rich when left on all the time.

Also, I like the larger size of the GI Pro vs. the Acumen. I want o be able to recognize it as quick of a glance as possible.

how easy are these to fit??? any advice and tips would be good as i'm thinkin of installing one next week.....or should i leave it to an expert??
argue.gif

(busaboy23 @ Apr. 29 2007,11:56) how easy are these to fit??? any advice and tips would be good as i'm thinkin of installing one next week.....or should i leave it to an expert??
argue.gif
Can you remove the farings from the left side of your bike as well as the upper inner section around the gauges? If you can do that you should have no problem installing one. The wiring is not hard at all!

I just put my GIpro on Friday night, all i have to say is HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!! Wow!!! Now i have to say i would buy this again even without the TRE, i couldn't live without the gear indicator again, this thing is bright if you want it to be even in direct sunlight its easily readable in BLUE!

Now to the TRE part, what a big difference in driving around town feel, the bike is so smooth and powerful now pulling away from lights. I don't have to rev AT ALL pulling away, and part throttle on the highway in 6th gear i feel like i have alot more torque. I turned it off and the low end was ripped out of the bike, without the TRE the thing feels like it has no low end torque and i have to rev quite a bit to pull away from a light. I did notice the drop in HP in 1st and 2nd gear slightly, the wheel doesn't come up quite as effortlessly as it did before, but after 2nd gear 3-6 feel just as powerful because they are getting plenty of air in the ram at that point. Even though i felt more power up top with it off i couldn't stand riding the bike around without that low end torque and smoothness with the TRE on.

Not only that but with my power commander coming the losses will be gone since the commander only maps one map for all gears which means the TRE will make the bike smoother and more powerful around town AND i'll have the power back because the bike will be tuned to lean out the 5th gear fuel map
smile.gif

oh and i mounted mine on handle bar clamp section on the left side. I was gonna put it up on the RPM guage like the GIpro example shows but i didn't want to mess up the guage plastic with the velcro adhesive. Getting it off the handle bar clamp will be easy (if i decide to take it off) because it can't be damaged easy like the guage cover. No fairing removal required
smile.gif

Stupid question where do you hook the wire for the Gipro? Both of them does it go to the positive post on the battery?

Back