GiPro

gsx1300Rrr

Registered
Do you have to set the GiPro or is it just plug and play. I was reading a lot of posts about it,and I just bought one. But I am not sure if the 5th gear map is just built into it, or if i have to set it somehow. Any thoughts?

It is plug and play. After you have it plugged in, put the bike in neutral and raise the side stand. Hold the button down until it flashes, then push the button one push at a time until you reach "5". that is the 5th gear map recommended for our bikes. I think I remembered that right. Are you having problems?

It is plug and play. After you have it plugged in, put the bike in neutral and raise the side stand. Hold the button down until it flashes, then push the button one push at a time until you reach "5". that is the 5th gear map recommended for our bikes. I think I remembered that right. Are you having problems?
I just installed it and drove it around the driveway. Thats all I drove it. I just got my last part today (oil line) other one had a really tiny leak that I noticed. So I am going to reassemble everything and set the gipro. I hope its not to late since I rode it already. when you say raise the side stand do you mean just put the kick stand down while the bike is in neutral?

No, the kick stand has to be up per the directions. Its not too late to set it. You can set it to off and just use the gear indicator or set as directed to use the TRE and gear indicator.
whatsatre.png

If I am wrong, someone please correct me, I am at work and cant get to the directions.
banana.gif

Oh ok, thanks. I will make sure to set it to the 5th gear mapping. What were you talking about though when you said "put the side stand down". I am not sure what or where that is. Thanks again. (i'm at work too. Gotta love the busa board when you are at work) haha

Oh ok, thanks.  I will make sure to set it to the 5th gear mapping.  What were you talking about though when you said "put the side stand down".  I am not sure what or where that is. Thanks again.  (i'm at work too.   Gotta love the busa board when you are at work) haha
No Sir, I said to "raise the side stand".
laugh.gif
The kick stand safety switch has to be depressed. If you have a rear stand, put the bike on that and raise the kick stand. Makes it easier.

You will love it. A good friend on the board gave mine to me, now I no longer try to shift to 7th gear!
beerchug.gif

GIPro is an advanced TRE. Just don't ask on this board what a TRE is or you will get a rude picture posted .......

The GIPro will show you what gear you are in and it is programmable to cause the Busa to "think" it is in 5th gear (or whatever gear you program in the GIPro) for timing issues. This will allow the Busa to break the 6th gear retard.

Back