Getting off the street

If I were to get a track bike.....hehehehe. I would have to say GSXR1000 simply due to my size.

600 are good but Im close to Road America also and thet have a long straight like 1/3 of a mile and thats were the 600 seem to run out of steam again only from what the others who have road it say. Autobahn (my track) has same issue if u use both the North and South tracks together. Otherwise I probably would go 600 but after being on the Busa it would kill me to not have enough balls in the straights. Dont the 600 lovers bash me now ive just allways liked the bigger cc bikes now with that being said I think a GSXR1000 is to much bike for me. Busa power with 100 lbs less weight. Im sure if I stay with the track though I will want one in a couple of years though haha.

ya. For a TRACK only bike I'd go R6 cuz I'm not skilled enough to REALLY handle a 1000 on a track. After taking a few podiums on a 6, then I'd consider a 1k on the track. For Street AND Track I'd go 1000 cuz I would SO MISS the power on the street - by street I mean the outback where you can open it up. I hear 1k is not a good training track bike due to it's speed into corners and torque out fo the corners - too much focusing on breaking and throttle finesse, not enough on lines, cornering. A 6 limits your Insta-wreck potential. Anyone can pass on straits... can ya pass on the corners? ;)

ya.  For a TRACK only bike I'd go R6 cuz I'm not skilled enough to REALLY handle a 1000 on a track.  After taking a few podiums on a 6, then I'd consider a 1k on the track.  For Street AND Track I'd go 1000 cuz I would SO MISS the power on the street - by street I mean the outback where you can open it up.  I hear 1k is not a good training track bike due to it's speed into corners and torque out fo the corners - too much focusing on breaking and throttle finesse, not enough on lines, cornering.  A 6 limits your Insta-wreck potential.  Anyone can pass on straits... can ya pass on the corners?   ;)
Good points sir. I know I would miss the TQ of the Busa and the track machine would see the occasional street duty I am sure.

I thought about a GSXR750 to maybe get a good balance of power/handling.

I just want the Vtwin sound. I think a RC51 with a set of race pipes wound out would rock.

I just want the Vtwin sound. I think a RC51 with a set of race pipes wound out would rock.
RC51 is a great bike, but a little heavy. Gixxer 750 is all ya need
biggrin.gif

Back