Getting Luci Ready for the Season

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I'm spending this morning doing some wrenching on Luci to finish the suspension setup. I'll get some miles on her this afternoon. Then her tail comes apart for a lighting upgrade and she'll be ready to roll. I don't have onboard video yet. The whole system needs to be rebuilt from the ground up due to the damage sustained from the riggors of MMP in September. I'll have it ready before the Bash.

100_4673__Medium_.JPG

you know what.. i never seen your bike this shiny
bowdown.gif

btw, that pipe looks great

sounds like you are getting ready...she looks good
beerchug.gif

you know what.. i never seen your bike this shiny
bowdown.gif
That's because I haven't been able to ride since Smithers Customs put the shine on it. I took her out for a little 15 mile shake out ride. Here's a short clip of us leaving the garage.

Click here to watch Lucis-Shakeout-Ride

I didn't get much of a chance to check out the extra power, but on the one on ramp I took she ran up to redline in first and second gear very nicely. But what is very noticable is how crisp, smooth, and predictable the throttle response is at low to mid RPMs. Great job Steve
bowdown.gif

At first I though that I had totally screwed up the suspension, but it was still under 50* so it took a mile or so for the tires to warm up. I still need to add some rebound dampening to her, but she's feeling SWEET.

If you're interested, here's Luci's setup.
Ride height:
-0.5" front,
+1.0" rear (the 1.25" Genmar riser puts me back to almost Stock seating position)
Spring Rate:
1.0 kg front,
stock rear
Sag:
3 3/8" front,
1 1/4" rear
Compression:
10 clicks out front,
7 clicks out
Rebound:
3 clicks out front,
10 clicks out

Luci is setup for my weight and riding style. Your setup may vary.

bowdown.gif

Oh yeah, it pays to have the right tools laying around in the garage. I loosened the pinch bolt too much on the left side, and the tube slid up 1.25". To get it back down to only 0.5" I had to pick up the front of the bike.

100_4675__Medium_.JPG

Man that freakin' sounds killer Dennis..
bowdown.gif
Also that's what I use to do my front ride height as well..
ThumbsUp.gif

Wow lots of video's..
beerchug.gif

Very nice! When you love the sound of your ride, it's fun to be a revver at stop lights!

That suspension work will make a world of difference in your riding. Can't wait to read more of your writing about the thrill of it!

Did I miss a repainting thread?

--Wag--

Its been this color for over a year now
tounge.gif

I run the black dragon slayer body on the street. The yellow with black stripes is for the track.

OIC. Just remembered seeing the yellow before.

--Wag--

Back